What game plan would you devise to beat Wilder?

Because it's extremely hard to prove Cuban nationals age. Cuban professional sportsmen are known for lying about their age to increase their value. You're being naive now. Even Wilder himself said Ortiz looks more like 45.
And somehow this 50 year old just came in the best shape weve ever seen him.

Truly amazing age defying abilities.

Just fucking ridiculous. If it werent Wilders opponent no one would say such nonsense.

Because it's extremely hard to prove Cuban nationals age. Cuban professional sportsmen are known for lying about their age to increase their value. You're being naive now. Even Wilder himself said Ortiz looks more like 45.
When i watched baseball as a kid there was a pitcher named El Duque Hernandez who was probably in his late 40s or early 50s while in the mlb but his birthdate was listed like a decade off.

So yeah

And somehow this 50 year old just came in the best shape weve ever seen him.

Truly amazing age defying abilities.

Just fucking ridiculous. If it werent Wilders opponent no one would say such nonsense.
He looked old and shot to me. No, people would be saying it regardless of who he'd fought because these rumours are what dog Cuban athletes because they have a history of lying about their age and he looks much older than his claimed age. And he has to take meds for his blood pressure which is so bad he almost didn't make the first fight. He looked in good shape but then so did Bernard Hopkins when he was 49 BUT Ortiz looks older in the face where you can't hide it so easily.

Last edited:
When i watched baseball as a kid there was a pitcher named El Duque Hernandez who was probably in his late 40s or early 50s while in the mlb but his birthdate was listed like a decade off.

So yeah
Exactly. People need to get off their high horse because they are Wilder fan boys. Cuban athletes are known for this. The guy lied about having an 84" reach BUT he'd never lie about his age, c'mon.

Exactly. People need to get off their high horse because they are Wilder fan boys. Cuban athletes are known for this. The guy lied about having an 84" reach BUT he'd never lie about his age, c'mon.
A lot of people think ufc fighter Yoel Romero is age cutting as well

And ill give you another lowkey one, Ugas....he looks old to me

How would I beat Wilder?

I'd get him in the ring with Trey Lippe Morrison.

A lot of people think ufc fighter Yoel Romero is age cutting as well

And ill give you another lowkey one, Ugas....he looks old to me
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me with Romero either. You come from a poor country where it's hard to get official records from to prove your age and your value going forward is determined to a significant degree by your prospective longevity in the sport. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that lowering your real age by a few years is going to earn you more money in the long and short term.

Whyte and Chisora are the only two people with the sack and/or are mental enough to bring it to Wilder and see who drops first.

Unfortunately for them I dont think either has the chin to take what comes in return. But those two would both try to take that route imo.

Would at least give him something else to think about, out boxing him at range and nicking rounds isn’t working, I’m actually starting to think he’s comfortable with it.

you cant beat wilder with boxing skills ... you need words. talk shit about his daughter/mind games etc.

you cant beat wilder with boxing skills ... you need words. talk shit about his daughter/mind games etc.
Truly disgusting suggestion. Kindly fuck off with your nonsense before youre on to yet another account.

@PUO3 IMO thats his kryptonite, but i could never say anything bad about Wilders daughter.

you cant beat him with boxing skills, you have to destroy him mentally (conor v aldo).

Fury is the only guy with the non-boxing skills, but i doubt he can do that, cuz Wilder is one of the mentally strongest fighters ive ever seen.

That's what Fury tried.
Tried, succeeded and won although he was an inch from being KO'd. That's the best gameplan so far, although ruiz might be able to pressure wilder to the corner and destroy him in the pocket while surviving Wilders shot's with his burrito chin.

Fury showed the way to beat Wilder but it needed competent judges.
It's not like Wilder is unbeatable, he should already have 1 loss on his record.

As was said earlier, getting inside is definitely key. But so is making sure you don't fall victim to that right hand when restarting or resetting is also a must. Constant circling away from that right hand is key, and heavyweights may not bend at the waist as often anymore but you need someone who is constantly keeping their head way off center. When Ortiz got caught in the rematch for example he parried and slipped but not dramatically enough and he was still in-line for the right hand. Constant side-stepping before feinting and slipping into the inside.

Feints in general are key as well. Wilder really waits on his opponents, studies them, and either punches with them when they committ, or spams the 1-2 when they're not a threat at the end of his shots. The trick is to constantly feint so he can't time you well. Make him commit off balance, then counter. Disguise your own forward advances.

Fury would do well to incorporate some of this into a rematch. He boxed well enough the first time, but this time he should also capitalize on clean shots with follow-up combinations at close range. Lean on him, punish the body.

Constant circling away from that right hand is key, and heavyweights may not bend at the waist as often anymore but you need someone who is constantly keeping their head way off center. When Ortiz got caught in the rematch for example he parried and slipped but not dramatically enough and he was still in-line for the right hand. Constant side-stepping before feinting and slipping into the inside.

Yeah IMO Ortiz was doing a good jab in the rematch with feints and body shots. BUT I didn't like his footwork. Not only it was slow motion but it was most of the time in the wrong direction. Stepping to his left and to Wilder's power side.

If there's someone who can trouble Wilder with footwork is Usyk. His footspeed and angles could disrupt the equilibrium of Wilder while throwing and reduce the effective force of his shots.

Do what Ortiz did except use some lateral movement instead of planting your feet and standing still.

Yeah IMO Ortiz was doing a good jab in the rematch with feints and body shots. BUT I didn't like his footwork. Not only it was slow motion but it was most of the time in the wrong direction. Stepping to his left and to Wilder's power side.

If there's someone who can trouble Wilder with footwork is Usyk. His footspeed and angles could disrupt the equilibrium of Wilder while throwing and reduce the effective force of his shots.
That said, Wilder is probably the worst possible fight for Usyk with that crazy right hand.
I'd like to see what someone like Ruiz or Parker could do to him on the inside with their handspeed. Both of them seem to be rather durable.

That said, Wilder is probably the worst possible fight for Usyk with that crazy right hand.
I'd like to see what someone like Ruiz or Parker could do to him on the inside with their handspeed. Both of them seem to be rather durable.

With that right hand Wilder is EVERYBODY's worst possible fight at this moment, not just Usyk's. I was just trying to say that the solution to Wilder's right hand might not neccesarily be someone with a granite chin. It could be a volume guy with hyper mobility in the ring. Ruiz and Parker have both been knocked down not a long time ago. They're not surving the right bomb if it lands on the perfect spot. And even though Usyk's defense isn't high level his footwork and angles could confuse Wilder and make him throw from positions where he can't generate maximum power. It's an intriguing match up IMO.

Back