What Fights Looked Good On Paper....but Left you Feeling Sorry.....

Motivated Penn VS Rory Macdonald

BJ Penn has no place in welterweight nowadays. Lightweight and possibly featherweight should of been his only concern even after Edgar VS Penn II.

Motivated Penn VS Rory Macdonald

BJ Penn has no place in welterweight nowadays. Lightweight and possibly featherweight should of been his only concern even after Edgar VS Penn II.

He was kind of stuck in a bad spot since he had lost to the (then) reigning champ twice. Now the Bendo is champ, LW seems like a good fit (assuming he doesn't retire).

A bunch of the guys from work we used to get together and go to someones house and we would all chip in for almost every card...everyone was so stoked for rampage and rashaad....after that we never did it again......

i'll just go with 2 recent fights and even though they were both decent, the latter more than the former, but Nate - Bendo and Gus - Shogun.

I thought Machida vs Shogun 2 was going to be a statement by Machida and he would become the greatest LHW of all time, i had diarrea that night.

Kimbo v. Alexander. I was trying to get my friends into MMA around the time of that event and assured them they would see a KO in that fight.... yea

That's fuckin hilarious!!

Also

Belfort vs AS I thought wow this is gonna be a war

Hughes vs Serra So much drama, so much talk, so much sensation leading to a boring fight

Evans vs Page See reason listed above

Thiago Silva vs.

1) Rashad Evans
2) Alexander Gustafsson

On the other hand, could someone explain why they felt let down by Evans' fight with Jackson? I liked that fight, even if it wasn't one for the ages, and it couldn't be called a one-sided beatdown either.

Wanderlei vs. Chris Leben. Did not expect Wanderlei to go out that quick and face plant. And this was after Wanderlei had just defeated Bisping.

This and the Bigfoot vs Fedor fight were the most depressing MMA moments for me.v:icon_sad:

Severn/Shammy 2. This was arguably the 2 top fighters of their time in their athletic prime and they shit the bed worse than any other fight I've ever seen.

Worst MMA fight ever. Seriously, this takes the cake and it had some serious potential. I felt so sorry for the Detroit fans that night. At least they had some fun with that shit match, though.

Maynard-Guida
Brandon Vera fights in general (Werdum, Reese Andy, Keith Jardine, Randy) caused me so much pain, luckily no one else knew or cared about my stupid Osiris shoes.

Easy, Clay Guida vs Gray Maynard. That was a RIDICULOUS fight ... on paper.

Machida vs Jon Jones.

He was the last hope against this giant unstoppable Dhalsim Avatar guy. Put up a good fight and all, but the Dragon Wagon's souls were crushed that day and LHW became suddenly very stable at the top.

On the other hand, could someone explain why they felt let down by Evans' fight with Jackson? I liked that fight, even if it wasn't one for the ages, and it couldn't be called a one-sided beatdown either.

These two guys are great fighters it was all the hatred for eachother and hype everyone was expecting a beat down/ko both dudes came to fight for sure I think it was the built up expectations not a terrible fight just not what was expected IMO.

Severn/Shammy 2. This was arguably the 2 top fighters of their time in their athletic prime and they shit the bed worse than any other fight I've ever seen.

Worst MMA fight ever. Seriously, this takes the cake and it had some serious potential. I felt so sorry for the Detroit fans that night. At least they had some fun with that shit match, though.

That fight is what I would imagine Mortal Kombat would be like, if you were playing with two broken controllers.

scorpg.gif
subr.gif

I thought Nate Diaz vs Henderson was a lot less exciting than I expected.

Diaz - Condit

I was sure we were in for one for the ages.

fuck that let down

machida vs shogun 2 i trough this would have been the greatest LHW fight ever but it lasted only 3 minutes....

Back