What fights are being overlooked in March ??

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by humdizzle, Feb 17, 2020.

1. humdizzle

humdizzle Purple Belt

So we have alot of big fights in the month of March:
    - Adesanya vs Romero
    - JJ vs Zhang
    - Woodley vs Edwards
    - Kevin Lee vs Olivera.

But what fights are you looking forward to that don't have much buzz right now?

For me I'm anxious to see the return of Cody Garbrandt vs Assuncao (two guys who lost everything by the hand of PED poppin Dillashaw). March 28th. I think its do or die for Cody, he's on a 3 fight losing streak and this could be the end. If he gets a win here, another before the end of the year... then it would setup a trilogy fight with Dillashaw on his return January of 2021.

Johnny Walker vs Nikita Krylov (3/14).. will Walker show us he can bounce back and be the guy who can be the future of LHW ? Or is he another glass cannon? A win here might move him up to a fight against Anderson again, Oezdemir, or potentially Gustafsson.

2. BooBoyMan

BooBoyMan Brown Belt

-Burns/Maia, Burns will likely beat Maia IMO and he'll become a very relevant top 5 WW fighter
    -Moicano/Hadzovic, Moicano is moving up to LW and that should be interesting
    -Shahbazyan/Brunson, If Shahbazyan gets past Brunson who's one of the best gatekeepers in the UFC right now, he'll only need 1 or 2 more wins for a title shot
    -Jiangling/Magny, should end in a bloody finish for Jiangling and he will most likely get his first ranked matchup afterwards
    -Cutelaba/Ankalaev, it's at the end of February, but still, this is a fucking amazing fight, Cutelaba and Ankalaev have both looked amazing recently
    -Vieira/Safarov, interesting matchup between Dagestani wrestler and elite BJJ black belt, Safarov will likely lose IMO, Vieira is very good

There are more fun underrated matchups but those are the most relevant that people aren't really paying attention to IMO.

3. arcadeperfect

arcadeperfect Green Belt

Walker is most likely a glass cannon since he's been finished in every one of his losses. That being said, he still has the potential to become an elite fighter and earn a title shot, but he'll always have that weakness similar to guys like Overeem or Amir Khan.

4. Coolkid666

Coolkid666 Brown Belt

I'm so ready for Woodley vs Edwards. And I'm not sure why. Maybe I just want to see Woodley get beat cuz of his shit rapping. And to see how he fares after Usman totally big brothered him

5. poor form

poor form Green Belt

I don’t even know the card for next week. Let alone all the cards next month. lol.

6. Sakurabaism

Sakurabaism Brown Belt

I'm really interested in Shahbazyan / Brunson, guy's 4 years younger than me but he looks like a real deal. We may see another young title challenger next year if he can pass Brunson and keep up with the momentum.

Ares Black likes this.
  7. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

Ngannou vs Rozenstuik..

8. Paulsp

Paulsp Brown Belt

I think gm3 vs deron Winn will end up being really good

Ares Black likes this.
  9. Zebra Cheeks

Zebra Cheeks Sherdogs only hope Platinum Member

Rozentruik vs ngannou is gonna be a banger

Ares Black likes this.
  10. Conor_Is_Overrated

Conor_Is_Overrated Blue Belt

The big HW fight, of course. Ngannou vs Rozenstruik.

Ares Black likes this.