What fighters would you invest into?

J

Julius_Caesar

Lets just say you are a wealthy camp owner with the right trainers and good connections to organisations like K1, Glory and other MuayThai events. And you could buy a selection of fighters to represent your gym. Who would you invest into?

They dont have to be Thai fighters btw. It could be anyone. I know this is random but this is a dream of mine and something that hopefully if I make enough money one day when I retire I would love to do if its possible.

That "game" would be more interesting if we would only include young prospects. In which case, Niclas Larsen, Ilias Bulaid, Darryl Sichtman and Amansio Paraschiv look promising. I like Josh Jauncey, but I want to see how he does in his upcoming GLORY fight first.

Little off topic but I have been wondering for years how long it will be until we see a top thai is his prime sign with a bigger mma agency and be groomed. I do not really want to see these guys fight mma but when guys like cowboy are making 140k a fight and kb not paying shit anymore mma is the only real way to make good money unless your buakaw

Think about if you sign someone like sangmanee who still is not 18 and sink money into great trainers. i just do not understand how one of these bigger management companies is not trying to scoop up guys that are still young enough to learn the other skills all while already being a champion in a major discipline.

lol I get that but be more specific.

Do you want names? Because I don"t understand. Names from any gym, most likely a country?

Some months ago I would have told you Sittichai, now I"m thinking at Vladimir Mineev and Raul Cătinaș (Iron needs a sponsor anyway). I guess Londt is more proven. And there are some other talents but not yet close to explode in my opinion. I wait to see their evolution in the first part of 2015, their potential is very good.

Little off topic but I have been wondering for years how long it will be until we see a top thai is his prime sign with a bigger mma agency and be groomed. I do not really want to see these guys fight mma but when guys like cowboy are making 140k a fight and kb not paying shit anymore mma is the only real way to make good money unless your buakaw

Think about if you sign someone like sangmanee who still is not 18 and sink money into great trainers. i just do not understand how one of these bigger management companies is not trying to scoop up guys that are still young enough to learn the other skills all while already being a champion in a major discipline.

Yeah I have always thought this to. I think with the right trainers and training the Thai's could dominate the sport of MMA if they go in with the same discipline and attitude they have in Thailand. A camp owner could make so much money if he kept his fighters under contract like the camps out in Thailand. The difference is like you said, there is so much more money in MMA so every fight will be split in half! Sangmanee is a good choice along side a few others but it would take a lot of changes and patience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dominick Cruz, Urijah Hall and I'd probably take in Matt Hughes.

Dominick Cruz, Urijah Hall and I'd probably take in Matt Hughes.

i think he means kick boxers

I would destroy Kizaemon Saigas marriage and send him to a Thai camp for a year,Kid would come out a beast

I would destroy Kizaemon Saigas marriage and send him to a Thai camp for a year,Kid would come out a beast
I have more faith in your ability to destroy his marriage than I do in him going to Thailand and becoming a beast...

I came across this Saksongkram MMA fight from 2010 a few days ago. I gotta say I was impressed. He looked very comfortable and his opponent is actually a decent MMA fighter. Saksongkram isn't even an elite Muay Thai fighter, but what MMA fan wouldn't want to see him do MMA again after seeing this? If he decided to stick with MMA I think he would've been pretty good. His fight finder name is Chavalit Sityodtong.

pong tong / changpuk has had a couple mma fights he won and i even found a video of bernueng top king fighting another thai in basically a exhibition bout
[YT]9b1YvZwzge0[/YT]

He said it doesn't have to be a Thai boxer, it could be anybody.

Yuta Kubo. I like the guy, he has technical and exciting style to watch and people like him. He also still has quite a few years left, he is 27 years old now.

Would be fun to see him again in Glory btw

Paraschiv probably, he is still a relative unknown. Could invest into him for cheap!
Compared to Bulaid or someone like that who's bandwagon everyone is already on.

Back