What fighters outside of the top ten can beat Palhares?

ConradMcgilcuty

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking, someone with great takedown defense and decent striking. There's probably no one outside the top 10 but if you had to pick someone who would it be? Akiyama? Great tdd.

Story, Erick Silva, Saffiedine, Alves, Burger if he actually fights.

Dude a prime Koscheck would stuff and land that missile of a right hand.
Would watch/10.

Story or Gunni would be my choices

Nobody. And nobody inside the top ten.
2015 Palhares would be UFC WW Champion.

Anyone on the NSAC.

ugh beat me to it. He may not be fighting again. Inside sources say he is mildly retarded and isn't able to register the instructions to stop, not that he is malicious and actually wanting to hurt people.

ugh beat me to it. He may not be fighting again. Inside sources say he is mildly retarded and isn't able to register the instructions to stop, not that he is malicious and actually wanting to hurt people.

It's been a theory of mine for years that Palhares is some kind of highly functioning developmentally disabled, and due to his economic situation/where he lived(a very poor part of brazil where he actually quit school at the age of 8 to work to help support his family) went undiagnosed.

His body language at various events has been almost childlike. He has trouble containing his emotions at times. He gets prematurely excited and jumps up on the cage against Dan Miller, stops fighting and starts trying to ask the ref a question against Marquardt, bearhugs his cornermen after a finish, etc etc etc. It's all very adolescent.

Back