What fighters have won fights in the most weight classes?

David Menne: LW,WW,MW, LHW (vs Karimula Barkalaev), & CruiserW (vs Pelé) = 5

Last edited:
BJ was in 155 all the way up to HW or LHW?

He may not have fought in all weight classes but that's a big span.
Not successfull run, but he fought at 145 as well, Diego Sanchez is a close 2nd, TUF at 185 iirc, then fought at 170, 155 and 145.

Mousasi mw-,lhw- hw- open weight....

also pride ww- which I believe was like mw

DaPunkMinowahMan: WW>HW

A Brave Man, A Legend, RIP.

Pride's welterweight is middleweight, so that's three weight classes (which is already awesome enough).
yeah, but Niko Puhakka was a WW, in Mousasi´s 4th fight @ Fight Festival 11 [2004]

Erik Oganov too, @ M-1 MFC [2005]

John Donnelly too, @ Rings [2005]

Makoto Takimoto too, @ Pride (183 lbs)

Last edited:
yeah, but Niko Puhakka was a WW, in Mousasi´s 4th fight @ Fight Festival 11 [2004]

Erik Oganov too, @ M-1 MFC [2005]

Maybe, but Mousasi has still never fought at 170.

Joe Diesel Riggs but Hendo has beaten by far the best competition out of 3 weight classes

I think James Irvin has competed in HW, LHW, MW, WW, LW

I think Diego and Florian are the only people who fought in four different UFC divisions and won in three of them. Funny thing, they actually started against each other at middleweight and fought all the way down to featherweight. Diego couldn't get a win at 145 while Florian lost his only fight at 185.

Outside the UFC, Jens Pulver has wins at 155, 145, 135 and 125.
This is exactly why I call BS when someone says Conor could never make 145lbs again without dying. There's a right way to do it and a wrong way. Done the right way, the human body can fluctuate weight a crazy amount with no ill effects, within reason

If the heavyweight division didn't encompass such a great span (40lbs), Overeem-Ubereem would be up there.

Back