What Fighters have the best chance of beating GSP,Anderson and Jon Jones?

GSP = Diaz might BJ him
Silva = Lombard or Belfort (It's gonna take a KO to beat the master, sorry Weidman)
Jones = Maybe Davis - Someone will have a Serra moment with him sooner or later, and it's gonna be a sub so I said Davis for that reason or he goes to HW

dafuq

In their weight classes
My Picks
GSP: Rory Macdonald only because he trains with him and knows his game and has shown some respectable skill in the cage.
Anderson: I believe the only person to even have a chance at middleweight would have to be someone with very heavy hands just by punchers chance so Belfort, Lombard etc.
Jones: I think he is practically unstoppable with the current light heavyweight roster but I think Machida has the best chance.

GSP = Askren, Fitch, Pierce, Marquardt?, Kim/Bahadurzada winner?
Anderson = Manhoef, Shlemenko, Lombard, Gracie?
Jones = Gustafsson, Spong in 2 years

Gsp: hendricks/ellenberger, maybe marquardt
Andy: belfort, i want to say weidman but it will be a long shot, rashad if he drops naturally andy will be favorite against any of thewe guys
Jones: gustafsson/davis/andy

Last edited:
Jones has next to no threat in LHW
Anderson might have problems with an aggressive Lombard or Weidman
GSP might run into problems vs Hendricks but other than that no one stands a chance

Best chance of beating GSP: Anderson
Best chance of beating anderson: jones
Best chance of beating jones: Anderson

My thoughts exactly ^

I don't think anyone at WW will beat GSP, bar a Serra type incident.

No one at MW will beat Anderson for a few years. Weidman has the best chance.

Bones isn't losing, sadly. Cormier is my only hope.

GSP is the most beatable of the 3 but Jones may have some of the stiffest competition heading his way. GSP also gets off by not fighting Macdonald, the one WW who may give him the best fight.

But Jones going against Glover, Gusto, Davis, Hendo, Machida, Mousasi, Cormier maybe and some others coming to LHW, it's tough to say he keeps that belt longer than GSP.

GSP's got Diaz, Hendricks and that's about it on his horizon. All the other WW have been beaten or kept out of the top 5.

GSP
This is so hard to choose because I really dont see any great contenders that can match up with George.
I would have like to mention Rory as a guy who might give GSP problems but we all know that fight is not going to happen.
Outside of that only Hendrics and Ellenburger might be able to put up a fight but I wont bet on those guys winning.

Anderson
The only guy I can see that might match up well with Anderson in the MW division because of his style is Chris Weidman between his size, great wrestling and great BJJ and his length and reach. Chris Weidman will be the only fighter Anderson has ever fought with a longer reach then Anderson.

Jon Jones
I know Jones already beat Machida, but I dont see anyone else with the style to beat Jones.
Machida is always a tricky fight for anyone. He beat Jones the first round of their last fight.
Machida was doing well until I think he tried to take Jones down which ended with Jones getting a hold of that neck. I think If machida continued to counter punch like he did in the first round and throw Jones timing off the fight could have lasted longer and Machida is more then capeable of countering.

i agree with your choices

gsp-ellenberger/hendricks/marquadt

anderson-weidman/sonnen/belfort

jones-machida/gus/glover

Last edited:
i find it irritating how people keep including others from different weight classes. ts asked about guys within their weight division

Gsp- no one at ww honestly

Silva-weidman

Jones-no one

Jones-possibly Cormier at 205, Gus in a few years maybe, Mousassi if he ever gets serious about learning how to wrestle or at least defend it; no contenders really stand out tbh

Silva-Weidman, though I wouldnt count out Sonnen or Hendo in a rematch

GSP-Hendricks or possibly even Ellenberger; good enough wrestling to negate GSP's and possess ko power, however GSP's conditioning and ability to dictate tempo would probably win him a couple of UD's in those

very good answer . agree with everything . mousasi is a monster

GSP: Ellenberger or Hendricks, one of them will take his throne..
Anderson: No one
Jones: Cormier, Machida or Hendo are the only guys I'd give a chance to but i wouldn't bet on any of them..

Best chance of beating anderson: jones

No, Cormier has a better chance at beating Jones then Anderson IMO.

In there respective divisions

Gus
Weidman
Hendricks

Best chance of beating anderson: GSP

Back