What fight really caught your eye and got you interested in MMA/ UFC?

The fight/s that started it all for me was one of the best fights of all time:

Wand v Rampage I/II

The Rampage/Wand of that fight would lay waste to Glovers, Gusses, Machidas and maybe even Jon Jones.

Somehow came into possesion of cro cop pride vhs when I was like 15\16 and I loved it. Then stumbled across shogun roflstomping rampage on youtube then that was it

Ludwig at KOTC doing the crane stance before a combo. His other fights there as well. Then to Rutten, his trainer. Watched his Pancrase fights, probably all of them. Then to Penn/Hughes and Cro Cop & Rampage in Pride.

A big thing that made me a fan was UFC buying out Pride, since that promised so many good fights, to see who's the best. Some were made, some not. Most were made too late.

Nam Phan vs Leonard Garcia 1

I watched casually before this fight.. Like whenever UFC was on Spike I'd turn it on but it wasn't until this fight that I became a hardcore fan. I also casually watched that season of TUF

It wasn't an MMA fight but a K-1 fight. Someone dropped Akebono to the mat with a head kick. I can't remember who the other fighter was, but the way Akebono got dropped it was mad funny.

Growing up in a kickboxing household we always looked down on mma because the lack of skill in the striking department. But then one day I caught a tyson griffin fight where he was showing plenty of skill. I realised that mma had come along way since ufc1 lol anyway, after that fight I was more and more amazed at the skills (mainly the smaller fighters, the big boys still look horrible lol) these mixed martial artist were displaying

tuf season 2...

or maybe sherk v k'flo

Hughes vs Trigg 1 & Chuck vs Tito 1 on FSN prior to UFC being on Spike TV.

It wasn't an MMA fight but a K-1 fight. Someone dropped Akebono to the mat with a head kick. I can't remember who the other fighter was, but the way Akebono got dropped it was mad funny.

The funny Akebono K-1 KO I saw was vs. Bob Sapp where Akebono was lights out face down, and they showed his wife sitting between their kids and the wife had a very frightened look on her face the whole time.

Back