What fight really caught your eye and got you interested in MMA/ UFC?

GSP vs Hughes 1 at UFC 50. years before that I saw a few old fights from UFC 20-30 that my friend's older brother had on VHS but at the time it didn't do anything for me. I was too young to appreciate the grappling

Watching UFC 44-51 reruns for free on HD Net, or whatever it was, then reading in an MMA mag I picked up at Borders about TUF starting with Randy and Chuck as coaches. Then TUF and the TUF finale, then UFC 52 a week later. It was really fun together caught up in the wave of MMA in 2005, then I found out about Pride when they marketed on Fox, and I was fascinated with Fedor.

I had seen UFC 3-5 on ppv with my football team, but didn't really get that excited about it. Watching it 10-11 years later was a whole new thing.

Ali vs Inoki,was the one that caught my eye,was there and it was magic.
In the ufc was Tito vs Ken first fight,mma i used to watch a cable channel who transmited fights from brasil with a fighter called macaco who i was a fan,that lost track of it till later one with ufc,as refered.

img_8357-le-vs-shamrock-01.jpg

and this also

mma_a_liddell_silva1_sw_576.jpg

Chuck. I think in the long haul it's him who's responsible for gaining and retaining more fans than anybody else.

I don't even really remember, there were two free TV channels that showed all kinds of MMA events events here in europe, mostly M-1, Pride and later also UFC. It wasn't always in chronological order though and sometimes they didn't even show the entire card.

The first UFC event I ever watched wasn't a full card but part of special episodes that showed the best fights in UFC history every week. And the first fight was either Frank Mir vs Anthony Hardonk or Liddell vs Jardine they both aired the same night.

They used to show old fights on bravo, around 2008. Chuck was the first fighter that got me into the sport, although I remember tito vs ken being one of the first fights I saw (not sure which one it was). It wasnt until a year or so that I watched every ppv, and around 2010 when I found sherdog

Don Frye vs Takayama
and a fedor highlight that made him out to be a russian experiment

I remember Diaz being on his back and getting GnP'd for most of the fight.

He beat Nick according to scoring criteria but Diaz didn't really sustain any damage iirc. Call it for what it is. He won but he didn't "whoop" him.

Really liked to watch Tank Abbott fight back in the day... he got me into this silly sub-culture

nothing in particular, all i remember is i used to watch UFC unleashed on spike.

The first UFC in VHS.
Lost interest for a while then came Wand on Pride.

One of the first MMA fights I saw.

bf58qh.jpg

That was a classic. I first saw this fight on one of the Ultimate Knockouts videos and wanted to learn Gary Goodridge's fighting style (I think it was Kook Sool Won). I later found out that the gi was just for show and that he wasn't really a master of the style but those elbows from the crucifix position was a sight to see.

A friend of mine that was learning Muay Thai at the time sent me a video of Cro Cop kicking the living shit outta people in Pride. My mind was blown and my love of knockouts was piqued, and ever since, I've been hooked. Addicted, really.

Back