What fight really caught your eye and got you interested in MMA/ UFC?

Pretty much Tito in his prime. He was so charismatic aside from being a great champion and I thought he was just the greatest thing I'd ever seen.

I distinctly remember Tito's entrance to ufc 32.

"This is not...a test...this is REALITY...." and the whole venue erupting with Break Stuff.

The entrance was Pride-esque. Pyrotechnics, flares, the whole shebang. It was epic for a new fan to see.

Probably the first fight ever in UFC 1, when the fat dude got his teeth kicked in and was all, "waaaaat is happening?"

Last edited:
Sakuraba vs Carlos Newton.

Dad brought home a Pride DVD from work at that was that.

Was more of a gradual thing, but it was probably a shogun or crocop... or wanderlei... or fedor fight. Those 2004 PRIDE fighters really caught my interest (probably because the mismatches and one sided beatings).

I know the first PPV I bought was Hughes Gracie (couldn't miss the mythical Royce vs. a new breed)

I think I'd go with these four

Fedor Nog, Shogun Arona, Crocop Wanderlei 2, Anderson Silva Rich Franklin.

I remember my dad ordering an old Matt Hughes PPV but I was "too young" to watch it. Those days it was more controversial I suppose.

Last edited:
I was around ten or eleven in 2005, I remeber going to my friend Greg's house to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (Hell yeah!) and ended up watching Diego Sanchez whoop Nick Diaz (FUCK YEAH!).

I was around ten or eleven in 2005, I remeber going to my friend Greg's house to play Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (Hell yeah!) and ended up watching Diego Sanchez whoop Nick Diaz (FUCK YEAH!).

You need to revisit your childhood and rewatch that fight. There was no whooping going on at all in Diego's favor.

tito vs ken 1. I just moved to a new city and everyone i knew was big into mma. SO a dozen of us got together for ufc 40 and everyone was pulling for the legend ken and i just recognized more with the young dominant champion who was on top. Tito destroyed ken and was the face of the sport and i was immediately a fan of his and the sport.

You need to revisit your childhood and rewatch that fight. There was no whooping going on at all in Diego's favor.

I remember Diaz being on his back and getting GnP'd for most of the fight.

Crocop/Mir

Mir/Lesnar 1&2 (The hype created for these fights was quite something)

Any Anderson Silva fight (When I was 14 I viewed him as an invincible crazy super freak-of-nature war machine)

Diego 'The nightmare' Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck

Any Semtex Daley fight (Still love the guy, even if what he did was entirely brainless)

That Roger Huerta fight (You know the one)

I put in the rounds but the moment I understood was CC-Wanderlei

Back