*What far from his prime is Robbie Lawler?*

He was so far out of his prime that he made full circle and went through it again, now he's continuing his trajectory.

I think it's pretty obvious he's not in his prime right now.

Impressive isn’t how I’d describe Lawlers title reign. He wasn’t ever a dominant champion and fought life and death with contenders too frequently.

He made a lot more than I expected. His run in 2013-2016 was undescribable.
#Ruthless4eva

He is 36 years old. He is at least 7 or 8 years from his prime.

Only MMA fans think "mid 30's" is a persons prime lol.
Athletic prime? Sure? Fighting age? Idk...cumulative damage, injuries, wars come into play. While he started as a wrestler, Lawler fought like the JBG incarnate. Historically speaking, grapplers enjoy a much longer, successful career. I think Lawler is running on fumes.

Impressive isn’t how I’d describe Lawlers title reign. He wasn’t ever a dominant champion and fought life and death with contenders too frequently.
And that is why he's a fun fighter to watch.

Who far away is Robbie Lawler from his prime? Elie Wiesel.

It all depends if he is using "pulsing pico's" or not, if not then he is very far from his prime, if yes, i can see him making a run if hes healthy.

And that is why he's a fun fighter to watch.
Of course, but his title run wasn’t very impressive though imo. He hasn’t had a single title performance where he looked unbeatable or dominant and ultimately got knocked cold. Doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy the wars against Rory and Condit.

After an impressive run, he had a big defeat against Woodley, a last win against Cerrone, like 20 months ago, and a fair and square loss to RDA. Injuries, aging, too many wars, ring rust...how much far from prime could Lawler be?

On the other hand, Askren seems fresh. At this point, is this a mismatch?

Love Lawler

Thought Condit and Cerrone both beat him. He can still bang, but don’t know if he is top 5 anymore... Really a wild card.

Askren is a total unknown in my opinion, so while this may be a great fight, I don’t think it’s much of a barometer... the next fight for both of them will tell more, unless Lawler dominates.

"What Far from his prime is robbie lawler?*

{<huh}<{chips}>

<{fry}>

<Fedor23>

Back