*What far from his prime is Robbie Lawler?*

Seiryoku Zenyo

We are all one
@Brown
Reaction score
After an impressive run, he had a big defeat against Woodley, a last win against Cerrone, like 20 months ago, and a fair and square loss to RDA. Injuries, aging, too many wars, ring rust...how much far from prime could Lawler be?

On the other hand, Askren seems fresh. At this point, is this a mismatch?

huhhh.PNG

<JerryWWF>

fuck it though bud, I get the question. Robbie has been in some wars and eventually it catches up. His style should give Askren problems though.

I'd say he's 3 years out of his prime

Everyone thought he was out of his prime when he came back to the UFC and before he went on his title run. Ya never know with that guy.

He's closer now to his prime than he was before his resurgence

Me after reading that question

giphy.gif

Robbie Lawler 3.0

Where every round is 5th round Robbie.

The REAL Bobby Knuckles still has a few good years left on him, I presume.

I think his prime ended with the Condit fight. He injured his ACL in his last fight with RDA which can't be good and will likely have speed up his decline.

robbie puts primer on his skin, or else he gets the hose again

[<diva2]

This.. This is the type of hard hitting question that this place is built on.

This is probably the start of the end of Lawler

He already had a lengthy career before he saw a resurgence that led back to UFC and a title. Ben is going to Askren him.

Fith round Robbie has no age.

He was looking pretty well out of prime the last time we saw him. However, getting away for a long break could rejuvenate him. Wouldn't be the first time that happened with Robbie. Age is getting a bit up there though. He still could have 2-3 decent years though IMO if he's dedicated and healthy.

He's about 70% of what he used to be when he fought Cerrone

Since then, he's only gotten older and suffered a devastating knee injury

Best guess is probably 50% for the Askren fight; he's still a tough fight for Ben stylistically

He is 36 years old. He is at least 7 or 8 years from his prime.

Only MMA fans think "mid 30's" is a persons prime lol.

Back