what exercise is most often done horribly incorrectly?

I dunno, I've seen some wacky shit, I saw a guy trying to do a sqaut, had the weight on his back, and instead of using his leg and hip drive, he used his lower back as if trying to perform a dead-sqaut or something, totally fucked up, then he passes by me and goes "man, those always do my back in"....

AxeGrinder said:
I dunno, I've seen some wacky shit, I saw a guy trying to do a sqaut, had the weight on his back, and instead of using his leg and hip drive, he used his lower back as if trying to perform a dead-sqaut or something, totally fucked up, then he passes by me and goes "man, those always do my back in"....

you mean a good morning?

just asking...

oyaji poi said:
most community gyms in japan still have those vibrating belt machines from the 60's.

Yes! WTF are those all about?? They have them at the older gym I go to. The old ladies love 'em. My gf says they're to burn calories without having to move. Im going to ask the gym staff tomorrow.

AxeGrinder said:

I think I saw that at t-mag, I recall it being called a squat-goodmorning or something.
But your propably right that the guy is -trying- to do a real squat...;)

The worst i've ever seen is pull ups lock out your damn arms not to mention when people kip. You take bending your elbows and kipping out and see how many you can do.

#1can said:
you mean a good morning?

just asking...

no, trust me, he was trying to pull off a sqaut, but was doing it horribly wrong...

i also think pushups are worst. people try to get off easily by not going the full rom and other things such as not keeping back straight, looking down, etc etc. and its even sadder when they think they can pull off 100 or whatnot

as for weights i don't know because i haven't seen enough ppl do other lifts than bench and curl.

onslaught61 said:
The worst i've ever seen is pull ups lock out your damn arms

There are a few legitamite reasons for this such as avoiding further damage to the rotators with people that have bad RC's, but yea I agree. That is very common.

Man, I NEVER get sick of hearing about how goofy Japanese people are.

No offense to members of the board, but the Japanese are perhaps the most hilarious ethnic group on the planet. They sold used panties in vending machines, they think tentacles are erotic, and they use jiggle belt-machines on their heads haha.

wait till you see them run. indoors, they run everwhere. i call it "the *** trot". they trot for the phone, they trot from the door to their desk. they almost never walk. and they have the most concerned look on their face, like they're running to hit the switch to stop an nuclear explosion. but really they're just going for the pencil sharpener. it's all in an effort to look busy. there is no group of people on the earth better at looking busy than the japanese. to top it all off, most japanese do a running commentary of what they're doing. i regret learning to speak japanese, because now i had to listen to 40 teachers muttering and trotting their way around the office.

"oh, ah, yosha, i'll stand up. oh, ah, i stood up, where's my...where's my....where's my pen. oh, there it is, better take it...and...eto...ano...so busy today...oh? what's that?(looks up suddenly)....ara.la..la..la...better walk to the photocopier....seems to be broken....what's the matter with you...OI!!!....oh, it's turned off....now, to make a copy...put this paper in...oh, look at me i'm so busy today......tut tut tut....push the button now and then...AH!!...the paper came out....oh....*trot trot trot* back to my desk...."

i wish i was joking. i wish could unlearn japanese so i could go back to thinking they were talking about something mysterious and exciting, instead of a running commentary of every mundane task.

it's a barrel of laughs working in an all japanese environment

oyaji poi said:
wait till you see them run. indoors, they run everwhere. i call it "the *** trot". they trot for the phone, they trot from the door to their desk. they almost never walk. and they have the most concerned look on their face, like they're running to hit the switch to stop an nuclear explosion. but really they're just going for the pencil sharpener. it's all in an effort to look busy. there is no group of people on the earth better at looking busy than the japanese. to top it all off, most japanese do a running commentary of what they're doing. i regret learning to speak japanese, because now i had to listen to 40 teachers muttering and trotting their way around the office.

"oh, ah, yosha, i'll stand up. oh, ah, i stood up, where's my...where's my....where's my pen. oh, there it is, better take it...and...eto...ano...so busy today...oh? what's that?(looks up suddenly)....ara.la..la..la...better walk to the photocopier....seems to be broken....what's the matter with you...OI!!!....oh, it's turned off....now, to make a copy...put this paper in...oh, look at me i'm so busy today......tut tut tut....push the button now and then...AH!!...the paper came out....oh....*trot trot trot* back to my desk...."

i wish i was joking. i wish could unlearn japanese so i could go back to thinking they were talking about something mysterious and exciting, instead of a running commentary of every mundane task.

I think you need to start doing that, but do it all in slow motion. When they ask why your so slow tell 'em that your learning how to fit in and starting slow.

Squat
and Bench

Especially H.S. kids. I'm glad my conditiong teacher at theH.S. wouldn't put up with lifting weights like a dumbass. It alwasy kept for amussing entertainment.

oyaji poi said:
i call it "the *** trot". they trot for the phone, they trot from the door to their desk. they almost never walk.

Unless they're in front of you and you're in a hurry.

oyaji poi said:
there is no group of people on the earth better at looking busy than the japanese.

Most of the Japanese I know work at least 11 hour days. Ive never figured out WHY though.

oyaji poi said:
most japanese do a running commentary of what they're doing.

That running commentary made me laugh. They like to follow a routine and use ritual phrases. If you want to go outside the routine it can be hard.

oyaji poi said:
i wish could unlearn japanese so i could go back to thinking they were talking about something mysterious and exciting, instead of a running commentary of every mundane task.

I sometimes wish I could go back in time and learn something more useful instead too. I mostly use my Japanese just to annoy people. I wish I could say I use it to pick up girls but I have more success in English. I don't really put much effort into developing my Japanese anymore because I can't see the point to be honest.

oyaji poi said:

I wouldn't know firsthand.

I dunno, my vote goes to Squat. I've seen alot of "macho" motherfuckers load the bar up with some retarded weight, get under it, only bend their knees about 10 degrees, rack it, and start yelling "WHEE-HAA!"

I admit, if I were weak, and macho wannabe nerds who fake squatted five plates thougth they were stronger than me, I'd be pissed.

Not saying that you're weak, just an example.

CarnalSalvation said:
I admit, if I were weak, and macho wannabe nerds who fake squatted five plates thougth they were stronger than me, I'd be pissed.

No, just saying, that you are strong :D

CarnalSalvation said:

Nah, I'm not really much for ego-boosts and everything, I just get a kick out of people doing 1/3 of a lift and thinking they accomplished something. I'm by no means a squat hog, but I have been doing them since Juinior High football. IMO, squatting is the best damn lift around.

The two worst I see are the aforementioned "metro" bicep (Read: shoulder) curl and deadlift. My favorite are the guys that can barely do a bicep curl with a 25# on each side of the ezbar, but elect to put a 45# on each side. After they fail miserably, somehow they decide that it didn't go well because they didn't use enough weight, and put another 5# on each side. The motion is best described as... a good-morning/deadlift/one-thirty-secondth motion bicep curl/shoulder curl.

oyaji poi said:

Holy shit, oyaji -- you're going to make me pee my pants w/ these posts.

CarnalSalvation said:
No offense to members of the board, but the Japanese are perhaps the most hilarious ethnic group on the planet.

This is the most vaild stereotype in existence.

6j.jpg

5j_000.jpg

4j.jpg

3j.jpg

2j.jpg

1j.jpg

Back