What exactly is Conors game plan in a Khabib rematch?

However, Conor is a very big FW, while Khabib is a very big LW, so he will be tougher to put away, and will probably just outgrapple Conor again.

Their fight night weight was only a couple pounds apart when they fought. Conor is getting older and with that he is gaining mass. He is pretty much the same size as Khabib

Pretty much. Conor doesn't, and never has, cared about winning or legacy. He wants to get paid. Conor would come in, give up his neck, get paid and go home and do rich guy shit

Disagree, he has shown desire to win and establish himself. He was one of the most active fighters and prolific finishers during his rise. He's just at a point where big fights come with massive payouts and hes willing to take a somewhat unwinable fight to increase his networth. Which, is perfectly reasonable

I explained what I meant by seasoned striker. And as I recall, he knocked conor down so I guess he's even worse
He wouldn’t have knocked Conor down if their was a threat of the takedown.

I don’t think he actually dropped him anyway, Conor caught hiself

Cowboy fought at LW in his last fights. You are twisting the narrative, lol. If the Conor fight wasn't offered to him at WW, he would've continued to fight at LW.
lol @ trying to make me seem dishonest while spouting bullshit. I am well aware that Cowboy had a good run at WW and fought there, but the fact is he fought at LW now and was planning to stay there.

No brother, this is all with respect btw and i'm not twisting any narrative. You are just making it sound that Cowboy is the poor parent here.

Who has more experience at WW? Conor or Cowboy?

Cowboy walks around at almost 180.

Conor walks around at 172 max?

Cowboy has experience at WW when compared to Conor that has two fights vs Diaz there.

If anything , Cowboy is in his element and i'm quite sure he appreciates not going through the weight cut.

Last edited:
Disagree, he has shown desire to win and establish himself. He was one of the most active fighters and prolific finishers during his rise.

Because he was building his brand. He wouldn't get these massive pay days if he was not active and winning when starting out. Now a days he has established his star power and just wants to get paid. Can't say i blame him, but i 100% would bet he would rather lose to Floyd in Boxing again than win the UFC LW belt

Hes got shit cardio so... if hes going to take a beating by khabib on the ground at least he should try avoiding it the first two rounds by being very aggressive and making khabib uncomfortable and see if some magic punch finds the victory

Khabib looked so weird to me every time poirier was charging forward with strikes, panic is not the word i would use but it didnt feel like he was in control while moving back avoiding all the hits.

Khabib is very one-dimensional, the master of what he does but striking isnt hsi

Adopt a lower stance for one. Jab more. Circle away from the fence. Frame. Look for punches on the sprawl. Whizzer. Really all he can do. Try to balance offense with defense. If he tries to load up on shots and he misses, he'll be on his back. Maybe a butterfly guard to get back to his feet. Control Khabib's posture and work to his feet.

Conor has to fight the perfect fight. The above is a lot easier if Conor had a grappling background or has been drilling extensively beyond what he's been doing since his MMA inception.

I guess conor plans to not tap like a little bitch once khabibs arms get near his neck...

It's in the details of course, but generally-speaking, he plans on being more aggressive both standing and on the ground. I think it's a desperate man's ploy and will just lead to him getting finished faster. The guy has an 8 minute gas tank under the best conditions ffs. Still, it's silly to deny that Conor doesn't have that very slim chance of catching Khabib and finishing him.

Haven't you read, he blamed Kavanagh for the play-defensive-on-the-ground gameplan. Conor wants to go on the offensive while on his back! He does this and it'll only take 1 round before he taps.

He didn’t try to grapple, Khabib got an absolutely insane TD 10 seconds into the first. Or well, he got hold of Conor’s ankle and after that you just know it will eventually lead to a TD.

Conor can’t win that fight.
Conor actually defended it well but instead of getting the fuck outta dodge the idiot tried to get top position in the scramble and Khabib was 2 steps ahead of him.

Conor’s got good TDD and a good sprawl. The problem is it’s only good for 5-8 minutes.

Arguably Conor did the best against Khabib in terms of defense of any of Khabib’s recent opponents in the first round. Conor didn’t even have his back to the mat until the final minute.
Compare that to Dustin who has his back taken and Barboza who was completely mauled by the end of the first.

8 minutes of action will always hold back Conor against high pace fighters.

No, you didn’t understand how Conor could win. You thought that Khabib was a great striker, but I explain that he is a good grappler, and not a good striker, And that Conor is a good striker that can catch him.
Khabib destroyed conor on the feet though

Conor actually defended it well but instead of getting the fuck outta dodge the idiot tried to get top position in the scramble and Khabib was 2 steps ahead of him.

Conor’s got good TDD and a good sprawl. The problem is it’s only good for 5-8 minutes.

Arguably Conor did the best against Khabib in terms of defense of any of Khabib’s recent opponents in the first round. Conor didn’t even have his back to the mat until the final minute.
Compare that to Dustin who has his back taken and Barboza who was completely mauled by the end of the first.

8 minutes of action will always hold back Conor against high pace fighters.

Like I said, he did well stalling him but he almost got finished in the second round anyway so that tactic of wearing him out like he did against mendes is not going to work

Fantasy
images

Reality
McGregor-eyes.gif

Promotion is a helluva drug.
Lol, I never even realized Conor initially tried to bounce around and look ready too and then just decided "nevermind" and started looking around for a way out of the cage.

First step is to convince everyone that you deserve it and that you're really ready this time.

After that lie clears, the second step is to go into the match knowing your going to lose, but still going to get paid.

Conor whoring himself out for money again, because he knows he can't legitimately PROVE that he deserves it, so he'd rather scam everyone into believing so. Lucky for him his fans are stupid and willing to make him rich.

Aldo him in the first 13 seconds. Collect dat money, proceed to red panty night. ;)

Back