What exactly does a UFC "babysitter" Burt Watson do?

He's still looking for Jesse Taylor.

I said this three events ago when I said they could replace him with a roll of duct tape. One roll would last 6months to a year prob.

Save his salary and pay it to the fighters

Always thought he does stuff like work with fighters weight ,spaces and equipment. .I know he gets in contact with sponsors about logos and placement on the trunks and gear.
Overall it seems like a cool job

I'm a bit of a Burt hater tbh. Every time I see him he's just saying the same old shit over and over and over again. This is what we do Baby!

Let the fighters do their own thing. Some guys might like it, but I'm fairly sure that all fighters prepare themselves in the immediate lead up to their fight in different ways. They are forced to put up with this goon for no real reason.

Imagine what the Russians think of this goose when they are trying to focus? Fuck, could you imagine how cringe-worthy it would be if he tried that shit with Fedor?

Lol proof that if there's something out there is someone hating it. Such a random thing to hate on.

I think he gets everyone straight, checked up, and up to snuff on the weekend itinerary.

Don't quote me on that, but I do remember him telling fighters when certain things are scheduled.

If you watch any behind the scenes stuff, he tells fighters their marks for going out to the octagon, probably handles logistics such as playing the fighters' music, etc. He makes sure they know what they aren't allowed to take leading into the fight as far as medications, weighs them in the days leading up to the fights. I'm sure he does dozens of little things we aren't even aware of. He's most likely comparable to a Producer on a movie set or something in a lot of respects.

My favorite part of that video is Diaz saying "I don't like it". haha Classic Diaz.

I have to agree, I wouldn't like it either. I've always hated people trying to motivate you when you are just trying to concentrate.

I'm a bit of a Burt hater tbh. Every time I see him he's just saying the same old shit over and over and over again. This is what we do Baby!

Let the fighters do their own thing. Some guys might like it, but I'm fairly sure that all fighters prepare themselves in the immediate lead up to their fight in different ways. They are forced to put up with this goon for no real reason.

Imagine what the Russians think of this goose when they are trying to focus? Fuck, could you imagine how cringe-worthy it would be if he tried that shit with Fedor?

Jesus Christ are you stupid.

This thread hurts the brain like the Cormier treadmill one.

You people can't seriously be this dumb and illogical, can you?

He's good at getting things done. He's done it in boxing, he does it with the UFC, even mainstream stars like Justin Timberlake call on him when he's in town to help them get stuff. In combat sports he's what's called a site coordinator. In show business, he'd be called a road manager.

@0:40 is when they start talking about Timberlake.

Last edited:
He's the Flavor Flav of the UFC. Hespect.

Back