what ever happened to BKB

BusterKeaton

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It seemed like a dumb and dangerous idea, it was for punches that wern't very good to fight in smaler areas for 2 minute rounds.

did it die? the last event was a year and a half ago so I'd assume so.

Probably died. I recall Rosado/Stevens was actually half decent under that format, though. Granted, any fight between Rosado and Stevens would be pretty good.

That was the weirdest thing, I'm glad it went away. It was an awful attempt to try to market boxing like it was the UFC.

I'm surprised pac didn't try to rematch floyd under BKB rules. I think lower level boxers with power were paid more than they'd usually make to be on the gimmicky show.

That was the weirdest thing, I'm glad it went away. It was an awful attempt to try to market boxing like it was the UFC.
I didn't like it either. It delivered some fun scraps but it gave me the same feel as when I go back and watch the first few UFCs.

Bobby Gunn had a true bareknuckled match in an event that seemed pretty professionally organized:

Bobby Gunn had a true bareknuckled match in an event that seemed pretty professionally organized:

Gunn has so much power he doesn't even have to hit you to get the knockout.

i watched Stevens/Rosado because the big fight that day was actually a mid day card and we missed it, we were all gathered together and partying so we said screw it and ordered the PPV

it wasnt all that bad, like going to a local boxing show. The next event(s?) didnt have anyone noteworthy though so i guess it didnt make money and folded

Back