What does Trump mean for foodstamps/welfare/etc?

Something needs to be done about food stamps. I watched a dude land a helicopter in the grocery store parking lot. Went in and bought waygu beef, lobsters and caviar with his food stamps. He got back in his helicopter and flew away.
Obviously joking, but you're right. I've seen people sell food stamps for crack cocaine and at the end of the month not have money to adequately feed their children (relying on rice).

It infuriated me and I still feel guilty about not reporting it.

I feel like the infrastructure thing will help a lot. Give people jobs, even if unnecessary jobs, if they are still beneficial. It will boost morale of the country and help people go off welfare. Maybe some kind of community service for welfare benefits wouldn't be bad either.

CxlncWWVQAAD8Q7.jpg

Reagan_Bush_1984.jpg

Trump opposition.

SJW's look different than I had expected.

Nothing probably. A lot of his voters in poor states rely on them to live. He'd be fucking his own base by cutting them.

Something needs to be done about food stamps. I watched a dude land a helicopter in the grocery store parking lot. Went in and bought waygu beef, lobsters and caviar with his food stamps. He got back in his helicopter and flew away.

Was it O.D.B?

There's gonna be a lot more jobs for those who genuinely want/need them and a lot less scamming the system by the lazy rats who do nothing but leech from it.

Welfare and such are part of the farm bill in place until 2018. He can't just make changes as he sees fit.

I believe he supported forcing welfare folks to be working or in job training in order to collect their handouts. Maybe also consider some sort of limit. Welfare should be a temporary assistance program, not a program where half of recipients are on the dole for a decade+.

Welfare and such are part of the farm bill in place until 2018. He can't just make changes as he sees fit.

I have always loved how they got the two tied together to shield the amount under farm subsidies

I have always loved how they got the two tied together to shield the amount under farm subsidies

Not sure if it’s you or me that doesn’t understand? The amount of farm subsidies is no secret and quite transparent.

Not sure if it’s you or me that doesn’t understand? The amount of farm subsidies is no secret and quite transparent.

You misunderstood

Welfare is tied to USDA funding

He's gonna do away with EBT/foodstamps and TS is gonna get Gubment cheese and bread

Probably aren't many here that would remember that, but I do. Those 5-pound cardboard boxes that said USDA or whatever on them held, without question, the finest American cheese ever made. That shit was legit.

You misunderstood

Welfare is tied to USDA funding
Yes, I know. But that doesn't blur how much is allocated for subsidies or welfare. Those amounts have been the cause of passage delay more than once.
I guess I don't quite get what you're saying.

Yes, I know. But that doesn't blur how much is allocated for subsidies or welfare. Those amounts have been the cause of passage delay more than once.
I guess I don't quite get what you're saying.

Good lord, quit taking things so literally

Food stamps are part of the USDA budget, therefore many like to site that the USDA or farm subsidies are high without taking into account it is because of welfare.

Good lord, quit taking things so literally

Food stamps are part of the USDA budget, therefore many like to site that the USDA or farm subsidies are high without taking into account it is because of welfare.

Gotta admit, that’s not at all what I thought you were talking about. I didn’t take anything literal, I literally had no idea what you meant.

Most of his voters are on food stamps so it wouldn't be good for him to cut them.

I dont think this was even discussed in debates or campaign.

I wouldnt mind seeing an anti-luxury based food welfare system.

too many free loaders driving up the cost of steak. feed them eggs imo.

They should be sent x-amount of food a month via some kind of program that gives them all the nutrition they need for that month. No more going to the store and buying whatever you want, or selling your food money for drugs or cash.

Back