What does the draw of mosley mora implicate on...

monsieur_jj

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
the victory of mayweather over mosley??? does that mean mayweather just beat an old fighter or mosley got old after the mayweather fight

it means mosley was never that good, the most overrated boxer of our generation.

it means mosley was never that good, the most overrated boxer of our generation.
Overrated? I think not. He has always been a great boxer, but has flawed with age over the past few years as do everyone in any sport. That is all.

It means that Mosley's best days are coming to an end.

I don't think it tells you anything about Floyd.

You could say the same about Manny beating old fighters if you wanna discredit his wins.
DLH
Morales
Barrera

You could say the same about Manny beating old fighters if you wanna discredit his wins.
DLH
Morales
Barrera

I agree that by itself - Mosley's obvious diminished skills doesn't say much about Mayweather, but it does make his resume of top tier opponents at 147 look that much thinner. Floyd has spent the 2nd half of his career avoiding the toughest fights, but for most - this isn't exactly breaking news.

For me it re-affirms the fact that Mayweather needs a big win over a top flight fighter in or near his prime to ever be accepted as great. Mosley at 38 years old wasn't the type of fight that can really show how good Mayweather is even though I thought it was pretty dangerous fight because I felt Floyd didn't have much to gain there. The only 2 fights that can do that for him is The Pacquiao fight obviously and possibly a Cotto fight even though for me I think that ship set sail.

Ali needed Frazier and Foreman to be the Greatest
Leonard needed Duran, Hagler and most of all Hearns to show his heart along with his skill.
Floyd doesn't have that type of win on his resume so I can't put him in that class of fighters

A multi-divisional champion like mosley is overrated? You should watch his fights against De La Hoya and you may change your mind. Keep in mind he was coming up from 135 for the fight.

It shows what people who've really followed Mosley knew all along; that's he's surprisingly not well suited to fighting on the inside and tying him up can seriously throw a monkey wrench into his game. It takes absolutely nothing away from Mayweather's domination over him nearly five months earlier.

It's hard to say, I think the pressure should have been on Mora's shoulders to end Mosley's career.

To be fair it wasnt as if PBF struggled with the guy, yea he should have had him laying on the floor, but for the most part he did school him. He just lacks that killer instinct.

A multi-divisional champion like mosley is overrated? You should watch his fights against De La Hoya and you may change your mind. Keep in mind he was coming up from 135 for the fight.

no you need to watch his first fight with de la hoya, he didnt win that fight on skill. he won it on heart and outlasting de la hoya at the end. did you watch the second dlh fight? a gift decision if ive ever seen one. other than the first de la hoya win, what has he done? lost against forrest, wright, cotto, mayweather, struggled greatly against mayorga. margarito and de la hoya are the two biggest wins on his resume, two fights which i give him credit for. now all of the sudden people are complaining that he got old against mayweather when people were saying he was going to knock mayweather out. im sure people would be saying the same thing if he would have lost against margarito, but he beat him. now that he loses a fight against an unpopular mayweather, people need to make excuses as to why shane lost, rather than give mayweather credit.

no you need to watch his first fight with de la hoya, he didnt win that fight on skill. he won it on heart and outlasting de la hoya at the end. did you watch the second dlh fight? a gift decision if ive ever seen one. other than the first de la hoya win, what has he done? lost against forrest, wright, cotto, mayweather, struggled greatly against mayorga. margarito and de la hoya are the two biggest wins on his resume, two fights which i give him credit for. now all of the sudden people are complaining that he got old against mayweather when people were saying he was going to knock mayweather out. im sure people would be saying the same thing if he would have lost against margarito, but he beat him. now that he loses a fight against an unpopular mayweather, people need to make excuses as to why shane lost, rather than give mayweather credit.

I will not take credit away from Floyd
but calling Shane "overrated" is absurd
All his losses come from world champs, and he DOMINATED Margarito, despite being over the hill at age 37.
He fights anybody put in front of him, and doesn't hesitate to move out of his comfort zone if required.

DLH
Morales
Barrera

yes about DLH but morales and barrera cmon thats pure discredit before pac morales never appeared wobbly and was never knocked down

Truthfully if you want to tell me he's not in floyd's league your right he never was I have no problem admitting that but I still don't see him being overrated they're graded differently. Mosley is damn good never called him great or that he would have destroyed Floyd in his prime because I don't believe that. Floyd is supposed to be near the level of Hearns and Leonard and I'm sorry his win over an old Mosley doesn't put him on that level. And if you want to you can try to discredit anybody's resume so spare me alot of the "Who has he beat" conversation because the same goes for Floyd, who has he beat? As far as Gift's go he got one in his first fight against Castillo and since then he beat an inconsistant Judah, an entertaining but not in his class Gatti, he got a split decision against De La Hoya who stopped being a fighter years before that fight then, and an overrated Hatton (both of whom got mauled by Pac-man.) The two fights he should have made at some point to show he is who he says he is were Cotto a few years back and Pacquiao now to prove he is the best somewhere but in his own mind.

Back