What does Ronda need to do become the GOAT?

Beat Dillashaw.
First reply right on point. She will never be able to be greater than Fedor, until she starts beating male fighters her weight or more.

She do have good chance being the GOAT of women fighters. Megumi is still ahead of Ronda. If Ronda continue get busy and do alot of matches and win those, she might only be a few years from it.
Also if she go up in weight and beat bigger women (looking at Cyborg), she gets even closer.

It's like asking what Code Mckenzie has to do to become the GOAT. Answer is: a lot. And it's as likely to happen as Ronda becoming the GOAT which I guess is the day when there is peace in the Middle East.

If she retires in a few years undefeated then she is surely the GOAT.

She needs to become a better fighter.

Well, say she wins around like 5-10 more. then the other champs go on a downslide career wise......then will be the appropriate time

There's absolutely nothing she can do

I agree with this because the GOAT is male. Ronda is the female GOAT.

Male GOAT (aka GOAT for short) and female GOAT ARE two separate entities.

Ronda is the Queen and the GOAT is the King. She can't be King.

She needs to fight women that are at least close to being as fast and explosive as she is and have been fighting to stay on top in a truly demanding, elite sport like she has. And be willing to treat their fights like a matter of life and death the way Ronda does. When you are talking about Ronda being GOAT it kinda has to be acknowledged that her competition truly is a fucking joke relative to the competition the other UFC champs are facing.

her last opponent was a 20-1 underdog... if thats the best that they can find as a "#1 contender" in WMMA. i dont know why its even on main cards

Eat healthy

goat-eating-table-suit-shirt-14046786040.gif

stay till ufc has 3-4 woman weight classes and hold all the belts with clean record

I agree with this because the GOAT is male. Ronda is the female GOAT.

Male GOAT (aka GOAT for short) and female GOAT ARE two separate entities.

Ronda is the Queen and the GOAT is the King. She can't be King.

Just hypothetically, what if she somehow got to fight Dillashaw after Dillashaw had defended his title against Barao, Cruz, Assuncao, Faber, Mighty Mouse and won XD

It's too early. A GOAT needs many many years of dominance. Fedor was undefeated (not counting BS cut) for 10 years, 7 of those at the top. Anderson Silva set countless records over a half-decade-plus UFC career, and his win streak ended largely due to being almost 40. GSP has the record for most UFC wins, most 50-45 rounds, most Octagon time, and a host of other accomplishments over a decade-long UFC career that has seen him avenge his only 2 losses in brutal fashion. Jones has run through the flagship division of MMA undefeated (not counting BS DQ) like it was easy, only having to actually try in one fight ever. Aldo has been the #1 in his division since 2009 and has 9 straight title defenses (Though not all as UFC champ).

Meanwhile, Ronda has only had 10 fights total so-far, #1 since 2012, and 5 title defenses. It's a damn good resume, but she must do more over many more years to be considered on-par with those guys. Beating Cyborg would be a huge step. A fight with Dillishaw (or any other Male BW Champion) will never be sanctioned. Pointless to even ask for it.

She is already pretty close to being the GOAT. She just needs more wins. By the time she cleans out the BW division and bending Cyborg`s arm into a funny shape, she will be like 18-0 or 20-0. Then she can retire as the GOAT. Women-haters on Sherdog will whine and whine and whine, but her GOAT status will be undeniable.

Jarl

Meh. GOAT status requires being a HW man. Maybe LHW if you can convince me he could have also beat every HW that ever lived.

Being able to beat up all the women in the world, or all the men in the world under a specified weight isn't the same as being able to beat up every other human on the planet. The person who can do that is the GOAT. And no one else.

i dont think she can, very similar to royce at the beginning.

not a bash on her skills, she is certainly very skilled. just a product of a very underdeveloped womens sport. in 10-15 years, youll start seeing people coming up who have trained against better competition for years and years who will be more rounded, more technical, and, likely, more dominant and dynamic than ronda

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back