What does Reyes need to improve to win the rematch?

Reyes is the true champion. Jones can defend the fake belt against journeyman Jan, but deep down he knows what's up. Reyes won't conserve energy to go all 5 rounds next time and will finish him in the rematch

Nothing. If they fight the exact same fight, the judges will know how to score the fight this time around.

If we put that aside, Reyes needs to improve his cardio for one more round. If he wins the 4th round convincingly too, he can coast the 5th, nobody can take a 4:1 win away from him. Assuming that Jones can't improve his game for the rematch and will fight exactly like the last time.
Sorry
The last two fights and the way the judges went about it is proof that only way to get that belt is by sub,KO OR even the odds by acquiring some Pictos.

Pokes body is blessed by USADA AND THE ACs.

No picto shall be caught ,
No decision shall be lost ,

Obviously cardio and energy management.

Go more to the body, he was landing on Jones when he was throwing to the body. He should focus more on that since Jones moves away with his head but his body is there to be hit.

Save energy and maybe take a round off in the 3rd but come back hard in the 4th and 5th if he has energy left.

Also don't be afraid of TDs so much since it looks like Jones doesn't want to wrestle a lot either. Maybe Jones is aware his cardio can't endure too much wrestling.

Reyes definitely has a chance of winning in the rematch with the right gameplan (and he did won the first fight too)

Not much he can do if he keeps back pedaling. He's going to get tired quicker than Jones. He needs 3 solid "1st round" rounds... because rounds 2 and 3 were debatable.

Not to mention Jones is going to make alot of adjustments for the rematch. He has a much bigger toolbox to gameplan with than reyes does. And the fight will probably be in NY or New Mexico in an arena full of Jones fans.

Reyes is the true champion. Jones can defend the fake belt against journeyman Jan, but deep down he knows what's up. Reyes won't conserve energy to go all 5 rounds next time and will finish him in the rematch

Jones has never been rocked, that iron chin is still intact. So if you go for broke and try to knock him out, you might as well do nothing but gas in 2 rounds and then Jones will finish you in the 4th.

No dude, an IT technician who's hobby is mma and trains mma for 5 years in a garage is not the new breed. Jones has slowed down.

He might have reached his potential, but I doubt he has slowed down. Just better competition.

We have seen several world champs with just 5 years of mma fighting. Especially if they are pro athletes from other sports. I think we Are seeing a better LHW division than we have seen in years.

If he gets Jones to turn his back to him again he should either take Jones' back or kick him in the legs from behind.

Not that this is a real gameplan, but it might be effective.

Otherwise he should just pace himself slightly better and do less head hunting (he missed 128 of 169 strikes) and work Jones legs and body more with kicks imo.
That's a good advice

He might have reached his potential, but I doubt he has slowed down. Just better competition.

We have seen several world champs with just 5 years of mma fighting. Especially if they are pro athletes from other sports. I think we Are seeing a better LHW division than we have seen in years.

Really dude. It has never been so empty, the LHW division.
MW was empty for sometime now.
WW is becoming empty rapidly.
HW forever.

We are talking about Jon fawkign Jones here, the most dominant champ in ufc, undefeated, the best team in the sport. And then we are comparing him to Reyes, full time IT technician, he trains mma afterwork, he's been training for 5 years, doesn't even have a team. Reyes is more of a enthusiast than an mma fighter, yet he managed to arguably beat Jones. This is not 2010 Jones anymore.

Really dude. It has never been so empty, the LHW division.
MW was empty for sometime now.
WW is becoming empty rapidly.
HW forever.

We are talking about Jon fawkign Jones here, the most dominant champ in ufc, undefeated, the best team in the sport. And then we are comparing him to Reyes, full time IT technician, he trains mma afterwork, he's been training for 5 years, doesn't even have a team. Reyes is more of a enthusiast than an mma fighter, yet he managed to arguably beat Jones. This is not 2010 Jones anymore.
Maybe Jones is not as unbeatable as we tought? Maybe he just lacked real competition? Reyes is a different athlete And smarter fighter than Jones ever fought. I doubt Reyes spends less time in the gym than Jones.

I love Jones, and think he is great, but there is no doubt that he has lacked real competition. The top of the division has been really shitty. Nobody is saying LHW is deep, but the top is finally starting to be good (it has been pretty shitty for years).

I think Jones got a bit of a scare in his last two fights, and will hit the gym and do great in a rematch.

Reyes should commit an abnormal amount of time to TDD, Getting up, and working off his back. While focusing his strength and conditioning on developing power.

Gas tank and he needs to pace himself better. He went berserk in the first round.

Back