What does Reyes need to improve to win the rematch?

More jogging backwards to improve calf strength while pressured.
More knees followed by combos.
More boxing combos.
I get why he held back on some of his flurrys early on,
he was throwing to kill though so its easy to forgive.

His slips looked great but again i think it was his legs that let him down the most.
running around with the dog or playing soccer is good for fixing that muscle fatigue.

Well like I said, he pulled it out of the fire against Gus the first time around on the fly. I think the guy has a phenomenal fight IQ because I'm positive he has input on all of these gameplans. It's not like Greg walks in and is like "alright Jon shut up, here's what you're doing." They sit down together and watch the tape meticulously.

Who are a few guys you say have great fight IQ if not Jon? The only two I'd probably put above him off the top of my head are GSP and Sakuraba.
Anderson Silva has the highest fight IQ imo, then followed by prime Fedor. Jones is the same caliber fighter as GSP, JW gameplan. While GSP will never jump of the gameplan, Jones might if he sees openings.

I disagree completely. There were a few times where he ran after Bones and swung haymakers, never getting close to finishing him. If he hadn't had done that he probably would've had more energy to win round 4.
But those flurries looked tremendeus on Reyes' side and helped him win the rounds, he looked dominant like a lion.

Keep a reasonable pace and try to win the later rounds.
If you pace your self Jones is just going to kick you from 5 meters away and win the round. Reyes excelled cause he always stroke first and made Jon go defensive and lose the exchanges. That requires a lot of cardio. If you slow down Jones is all over you with kicks and jabs.

Cardio and work the body and legs more.

D0aSxsTW0AAxHlD.jpg
iu

Nothing. If they fight the exact same fight, the judges will know how to score the fight this time around.

If we put that aside, Reyes needs to improve his cardio for one more round. If he wins the 4th round convincingly too, he can coast the 5th, nobody can take a 4:1 win away from him. Assuming that Jones can't improve his game for the rematch and will fight exactly like the last time.
He needs a pep talk.
Luckily, I got him covered.

More cardio to get him into championship rounds in better condition than the first fight.

Cardio & pressure for the last two rounds as he clearly faded & let Jones back into the fight.

Its a real shame this question is even being asked.

Anderson Silva has the highest fight IQ imo, then followed by prime Fedor. Jones is the same caliber fighter as GSP, JW gameplan. While GSP will never jump of the gameplan, Jones might if he sees openings.

If you pace your self Jones is just going to kick you from 5 meters away and win the round. Reyes excelled cause he always stroke first and made Jon go defensive and lose the exchanges. That requires a lot of cardio. If you slow down Jones is all over you with kicks and jabs.

Yeah I'd probably agree on Anderson, guy was an elite opportunist who could finish anybody with even the slightest opening. Not quite sure I'd agree on Fedor, just because I get a heart attack every time I watch the first Nog fight even though I know the result lol.

And yeah, Jones is kind of like a prime Roy Jones in that regard. If you sit on the outside and look at him, he's just going to potshot you with shot after shot, protecting his king, and eventually say checkmate. It's why Antonio Tarver had such great success against him. Instead of laying back, he went after him. Not everything would land, but a lot of stuff would, and it put Roy much more on the defensive instead of on the offensive.

He needs a pep talk.
Luckily, I got him covered.

This is exactly how a child between Jones and Conor would look like. Did I say that right, lol?

Yeah I'd probably agree on Anderson, guy was an elite opportunist who could finish anybody with even the slightest opening. Not quite sure I'd agree on Fedor, just because I get a heart attack every time I watch the first Nog fight even though I know the result lol.

And yeah, Jones is kind of like a prime Roy Jones in that regard. If you sit on the outside and look at him, he's just going to potshot you with shot after shot, protecting his king, and eventually say checkmate. It's why Antonio Tarver had such great success against him. Instead of laying back, he went after him. Not everything would land, but a lot of stuff would, and it put Roy much more on the defensive instead of on the offensive.
You are not sure about Fedor yet you are wearing a gif from a situation Freddy Roach best described: this is why Fedor is the best fighter in the world, you beat him the whole fight and you make one little mistake and he capitalizes on it and finishes the fight.

I think it's moreso pacing. He was putting power to shots to try to get jones out and wasted his cardio. Next match will be pitter patter decision with the most points winning.

This is exactly how a child between Jones and Conor would look like. Did I say that right, lol?

You are not sure about Fedor yet you are wearing a gif from a situation Freddy Roach best described: this is why Fedor is the best fighter in the world, you beat him the whole fight and you make one little mistake and he capitalizes on it and finishes the fight.

Roach was correct there. I just look back at the Nog fight and cringe because playing guard with Nog at the time was considered suicide. It also contributed to his eventual downfall against Werdum.

Love Fedor though, favorite fighter of all time.

Roach was correct there. I just look back at the Nog fight and cringe because playing guard with Nog at the time was considered suicide. It also contributed to his eventual downfall against Werdum.

Love Fedor though, favorite fighter of all time.

yes, the Nog fight gave him utlra confidence and eventually led him to his downfall in the Werdum fight.
Werdum was such a winnable fight, he wins that fight 99/100 times, but he so recklessly didn't care about Werdum's guard and got caught.
Should have retired right then.

Cardio and probably punching out a few judges.

This is exactly how a child between Jones and Conor would look like. Did I say that right, lol
No way. This upstanding young man has waaaay more integrity and positivity towards others. A child between Jones and Conor would be a complete and utter asshole - if he even managed to survive with such ego-maniacal parents.

He needs better cardio. He has everything else. I'm Jones fan but this fight was close and I judged 3:2 favor of Reyes.

Back