What does Reyes need to improve to win the rematch?

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing. If they fight the exact same fight, the judges will know how to score the fight this time around.

If we put that aside, Reyes needs to improve his cardio for one more round. If he wins the 4th round convincingly too, he can coast the 5th, nobody can take a 4:1 win away from him. Assuming that Jones can't improve his game for the rematch and will fight exactly like the last time.

I was going to say a better atheltic commsission....

I think he figured out he can put Bones away in 1 or 2 if he stayed on the gas and didn't plan on point fighting 25 min.

Jon Jones is like the New England Patriots

he only gets more dangerous in rematches

If he gets Jones to turn his back to him again he should either take Jones' back or kick him in the legs from behind.

Not that this is a real gameplan, but it might be effective.

Otherwise he should just pace himself slightly better and do less head hunting (he missed 128 of 169 strikes) and work Jones legs and body more with kicks imo.

The judges need to improve

Cardio and aggressiveness, be was avoiding the fight nearing the end of the fifth round.

Can't fade in the last round and expect to win a close fight.

Take that money he earned and pay the judges? Oh wait, maybe he should finish the fight. That might work

Assuming that Jones can't improve his game for the rematch and will fight exactly like the last time.

That is an absolutely massive assumption. Especially considering Jones has the highest fight IQ in the game, and will probably become obsessed with improving upon his performance. It doesn't help Reyes that the element of surprise is now gone for him either.

You are correct though. Cardio is key. It's also beneficial to him that he now has the experience of the championship rounds.

I thought Jones won 48-47, but a rematch does need to happen. I was on the other side of the fence of this a decade ago when I thought Shogun soundly beat Machida, and Shogun proved to be the better fighter in the rematch. So if Reyes is truly the better fighter, we'll find out.

That is an absolutely massive assumption. Especially considering Jones has the highest fight IQ in the game, and will probably become obsessed with improving upon his performance. It doesn't help Reyes that the element of surprise is now gone for him either.

You are correct though. Cardio is key. It's also beneficial to him that he now has the experience of the championship rounds.

I thought Jones won 48-47, but a rematch does need to happen. I was on the other side of the fence of this a decade ago when I thought Shogun soundly beat Machida, and Shogun proved to be the better fighter in the rematch. So if Reyes is truly the better fighter, we'll find out.

jones jones hasnt improved his boxing since ever, that is a massive fact. His gameplaning and his fighting IQ is the best in the game.

If he gets Jones to turn his back to him again he should either take Jones' back or kick him in the legs from behind.

Not that this is a real gameplan, but it might be effective.

Otherwise he should just pace himself slightly better and do less head hunting (he missed 128 of 169 strikes) and work Jones legs and body more with kicks imo.

You can't pace your self against Jones, otherwise Jones will pressure you and you will lose the round. Reyes fought the perfect fight for 3 rounds and then also did excelent in the 4th and 5th with the little gas he had left.

Cardio and aggressiveness, be was avoiding the fight nearing the end of the fifth round.

Can't fade in the last round and expect to win a close fight.
This is not Pride rules.

Jones doesn't have high fight IQ, Jackson WInkle feeds him everything. I believe that Jones without his team would not even be top 15.

he wont win the rematch.

even the worst Version of Jones >>> Reyes

Land some more punches, instead of swinging at air. Must be due to his previous baseball experience.

jones jones hasnt improved his boxing since ever, that is a massive fact. His gameplaning and his fighting IQ is the best in the game.

Oh, yeah, he's not improving his boxing. It's honestly around the same level as it was when he first won the championship. Just not his thing I guess. I was talking about other areas, and exploiting some holes in Reyes' game. Honestly, if I had to take a guess, I'm expecting a clinch heavy, dirty boxing game from Jones next time out.

Jones doesn't have high fight IQ, Jackson WInkle feeds him everything. I believe that Jones without his team would not even be top 15.

Having Jackson certainly doesn't hurt, he's one of the best, but how can you say he doesn't have high fight IQ? There's maybe a handful of fighters in history that I would put above him in that area. He knows when to defend well when his opponents are getting overly aggressive, knows when to push the pace when they start tiring, has a great ability to go for the kill when he has them hurt.

You could say a lot of negative things about Jones that I and most people would agree with, but it's almost unanimously agreed upon that he has wicked fight IQ.

Nothing. If they fight the exact same fight, the judges will know how to score the fight this time around.

If we put that aside, Reyes needs to improve his cardio for one more round. If he wins the 4th round convincingly too, he can coast the 5th, nobody can take a 4:1 win away from him. Assuming that Jones can't improve his game for the rematch and will fight exactly like the last time.
Don't fight in Texas lol.

Other than that, I'd like to see him throw more body kicks in the next fight. He threw a few and it seemed like every one of them landed hard, but he didn't throw nearly enough of them.

Punch jon in the back of the head when he starts running cowardly ala sergei vs overeem

his bank account so he can pay the judges off so they don't fuck him over again.

Back