What does result of DC vs. Stipe trilogy say if DC wins?

I think if DC wins the trilogy fight it will show that the rematch was more of a fluke by DC getting overconfident and that it is not a case of Stipe actually being a better fighter or close to DC.

This fight will be pretty huge for both DC and Stipe's fighting legacies.

Part two showed me two things:

1. DC's fight IQ and heart is now somewhat in doubt, and I never thought I'd say that....he needs to win part 3 or make a really gutsy showing(pun intended) to never have to hear that again. He didn't even bother getting into shape for part 2.

DC is hella faster than Stipe and if he makes the necessary training and mental commitments he can use speed as his biggest weapon as he so often does.

2. Never count Stipe out. He had every reason to roll over in part 2 but he simply refused.
If Stipe wins part 3 it will be one of if not Stipe's most impressive accomplishments and will put an exclamation point on his already stellar career. Beating DC 2/3 at HW would be a very difficult thing for others to match in terms of resume.

However none of that bullshit matters to Stipe. To him he just doesn't want another man to have what he feels is rightfully his. For him to defend against DC would be insane for Stipes already solid confidence level.

Excuses from the DC brigade are still rolling in <45>If only that eye-poke would've worked as well the second time around as it did the first...

<DCrying>

A win for DC = entire front page filled with HW GOAT-threads

But it's not even that strange. The distance between the all top dogs of the UFC HW division has always been quite small. That's why we've seen everyone from Werdum to JDS to Cain being called GOAT at some points. It would be easy to claim DC was the UFC HW GOAT if he won another one in dominating fashion.

And the fact that DC is 40 is a big bonus for him. There's only a 3 year age gap between Stipe and DC - so it's a bit silly, there's a huge perceived/symbolic difference between 40 and 37 in the eyes of the average Sherdogger.

Seriously? Nobody believes DC will win a rubber match. DC is a three round fighter, And even if Stipe is pretty sloppy, he is the much better fighter. Constant eye pokes will not work. If DC tries to wrestle, he will Be exhausted And be finished in the 1st or 2nd.

Last edited:
This fight will be pretty huge for both DC and Stipe's fighting legacies.

Part two showed me two things:

1. DC's fight IQ and heart is now somewhat in doubt, and I never thought I'd say that....he needs to win part 3 or make a really gutsy showing(pun intended) to never have to hear that again. He didn't even bother getting into shape for part 2.

DC is hella faster than Stipe and if he makes the necessary training and mental commitments he can use speed as his biggest weapon as he so often does.

2. Never count Stipe out. He had every reason to roll over in part 2 but he simply refused.
If Stipe wins part 3 it will be one of if not Stipe's most impressive accomplishments and will put an exclamation point on his already stellar career. Beating DC 2/3 at HW would be a very difficult thing for others to match in terms of resume.

However none of that bullshit matters to Stipe. To him he just doesn't want another man to have what he feels is rightfully his. For him to defend against DC would be insane for Stipes already solid confidence level.

Good points.

This is a big fight for both their legacies.

Fluke as in the fact that it would most likely not happen again just like Jorge landing a flying knee on Askren for the fastest KO record would most likely not happen ever again.

Yes, Stipe fought smart and updated his game and yes DC didn't fight his plan.

This is a fluke as in Stipe would most likely never win another fight against DC with bodyshots again.
You're straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel. It is much more logical to say that DC's win against Stipe was a fluke.

It will depend on how he wins. If it is a well-rounded drubbing, or by exploiting the same defensive defect that got him the first win, there's no quibbling. But if he pulls out another trick play as it were, but targeting another unacknowledged flaw in Stipe's game, without a fourth fight to show whether Stipe could correct the issue and win again? Or if there's even a hint of another eyepoke? There will still be unresolved questions.

Honestly I think its hard to know whether Stipe being KOed in the 1st match or not being KOed in the 2nd is the upset.

I'm not sure you will see a fundamental shift in tactics from DC personally, it could be he's a bit more aggressive standing early in the fight knowing he doesn't have the cardio for a longer fight.

It will prove who the luckier fighter is. DC won via miracle in the 1st fight, & Stipe won by fluke in the rematch.

Neither winner "had a chance" going into the first 2 fights. These are 2 of the greatest ever, why can't people appreciate both legends?

Firstly I'll say 3 things. That DC was on his way to winning the rematch against Stipe via points. .
False. If Cormier survives round 4 and continues to fight slow and tired but make it out of the fifth, he loses on the score cards. This isn’t my opinion, it’s a fact.

DC is the better fighter. He KOed stipe in the first fight. And was dominating the entire second fight. But sadly MMA fighters don't understand how to block body shots since people hardly even throw them. He would win the third.
Read this:
False. If Cormier survives round 4 and continues to fight slow and tired but make it out of the fifth, he loses on the score cards. This isn’t my opinion, it’s a fact.

Seriously? Nobody believes DC will win a rubber match. DC is a three round fighter, And even if Stipe is pretty sloppy, he is the much better fighter. Constant eye pokes will not work. If DC tries to wrestle, he will Be exhausted And be finished in the 1st or 2nd.
It’s amazing how fast the Conventional Wisdom changes.

2 months ago CW told us that Stipe had virtually no chance. No legit path to victory. You may not have said so; I certainly ain’t searching through your history to prove a point.

Today CW tells us DC has virtually no chance. No legit path to victory. You definitely agree with this one.

It’s funny like that, isn’t it? :)

Last edited:
It’s amazing how fast the Conventional Wisdom changes.

2 months ago CW told us that Stipe had virtually no chance. No legit path to victory. You may not may not have said so, I certainly ain’t searching through your history to prove a point.

Today CE tells us DC has virtually no chance. No legit path to victory. You definitely agree with this one.

It’s funny like that, isn’t it? :)
Before the 2nd fight We all knew that DC struggle with Wrestlers, And has only 3 rd cardio, but we also knew that DC could follow the same gameplan as in the first fight, And go for eyepokes. Would he win this way again?

We still know all of this before a third fight, but now we know that Stipe has stopped the eye pokes, even if DC poked away in the rematch. What can DC do now?

So, Yes :)

It says that high level fights can go either way.

Lol Stipe will tool DC again—most probably much earlier too. DC can’t carry that weight and push a pace. The fight starts standing every round. He’ll get stopped again.

I'm a huge DC guy and I'd slightly favor him over Stipe in a rematch only because he was dominating Stipe before the body shots, but I just feel bad for Ngannou. Is that guy ever gonna get another swing at the title?

Who is the UFC going to make him smash in the meantime? May God have mercy on that unfortunate soul.

I really have no interesting in a third fight. DC only has a few more fights left in him, if any at all. I don't want to "waste" another one vs Stipe. Granted there isn't much in the HW as true challengers though.

However I'd love DC vs Bones at HW but I don't think Bones will move up. Or DC vs Francis, Blaydes, Reem, etc.

That DC is a 40 year old man who was coming off a back surgery and shouldn't have been competing yet when he took the rematch, which everyone already knew.

Back