What does result of DC vs. Stipe trilogy say if DC wins?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Firstly I'll say 3 things. That DC was on his way to winning the rematch against Stipe via points. Secondly that DC didn't account nor adjust for that body shots and they took their toll on him. Thirdly that DC will change his game plan for the scheduled upcoming trilogy fight to what it originally was which was a lot more wrestling based and win the trilogy fight.

DC like many wrestlers who gain decent stand up fell in love with his striking game and forgot much of his wrestling game. Obviously DC and his camp knew that TD To GnP was his best bet to beat Miocic and that was their strategy but DC failed to follow his game plan and it cost him. He won't do it again. Some say that DC won't be able be able to keep a wrestling pace for 5 rounds but I don't think Stipe will be able to keep the pace for 5 rounds under DC. Its always more tiring for the guy on bottom.

I think if DC wins the trilogy fight it will show that the rematch was more of a fluke by DC getting overconfident and that it is not a case of Stipe actually being a better fighter or close to DC.

I think Cormier will either finish Stipe again or win a very dominant decision proving that DC is far better than Stipe and his last fight was an outcome that is likely to not happen again.

Last edited:
It will strongly depend on how many eyes get poked.

I don’t think DC can keep that wrestling-heavy pace for 5 rounds against top flight opponents at HW, he didn’t get knocked out because he “fell in love with striking”, he was put away because his output significantly dropped allowing Stipe to settle in and land his combos.

<{titihmm}>

The winner of this fight is the HW GOAT. The loser is a can.

What kind of bullshit narrative is this. I get it, you're salty DC lose the 2nd fight, but saying Stipe won was a fluke is not just a disservice to his capabilities as a fighter but also to DC.

You didn’t had to write paragraphs to figure this one out. DC would have been 2-1, so he would be the winner overall. Its not that deep. Whether if 2nd fight was fluke or not doesn’t matter, he would be 2 against 1

DC is the better fighter. He KOed stipe in the first fight. And was dominating the entire second fight. But sadly MMA fighters don't understand how to block body shots since people hardly even throw them. He would win the third.

Firstly I'll say 3 things. That DC was on his way to winning the rematch against Stipe via points. Secondly that DC didn't account nor adjust for that body shots and they took their toll on him. Thirdly that DC will change his game plan for the scheduled upcoming trilogy fight to what it originally was which was a lot more wrestling based and win the trilogy fight.

DC like many wrestlers who gain decent stand up fell in love with his striking game and forgot much of his wrestling game. Obviously DC and his camp knew that TD To GnP was his best bet to beat Miocic and that was their strategy but DC failed to follow his game plan and it cost him. He won't do it again. Some say that DC won't be able be able to keep a wrestling pace for 5 rounds but I don't think Stipe will be able to keep the pace for 5 rounds under DC. Its always more tiring for the guy on bottom.

I think if DC wins the trilogy fight it will show that the rematch was more of a fluke by DC getting overconfident and that it is not a case of Stipe actually being a better fighter or close to DC.

I think Cormier will either finish Stipe again or win a very dominant decision proving that DC is far better than Stipe and his last fight was an outcome that is likely to not happen again.
Fluke? Cmon. He beat him by exposing a weakness in the game that DC brought.

You are now trying to expand the definition of "fluke" to include "when a fighter's opponent consciously chooses to fight a certain way (that maybe wasn't ideal) and gets beat".

That is awful. lol

Last edited:

Can he get through one fight without cheating against Stipe?

That would mean DC went back to the drawing board, rededicated himself to training, and sharpened up his tools to bring the best eyepokes of the trilogy.

Age is clearly catching up to DC, his eyepokes declined from between their 2 fights.

That would mean DC went back to the drawing board, rededicated himself to training, and sharpened up his tools to bring the best eyepokes of the trilogy.

Age is clearly catching up to DC, his eyepokes declined from between their 2 fights.

That's the thing though, DC won't have to improve at all. He'll just have to stick to his original game plan of takedowns to GnP which he could have done last time.

What kind of bullshit narrative is this. I get it, you're salty DC lose the 2nd fight, but saying Stipe won was a fluke is not just a disservice to his capabilities as a fighter but also to DC.

I wouldn't exactly call it a fluke but it did become clear over the course of their time in the cage that Cormier was the more complete fighter. Miocic found one attack he didn't have an answer for and capitalised on it. Maybe it is a "disservice" to DC to say he had a fairly gaping :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in his armour, but it's true.

Edit: WTF?? This site automatically changes my mention of a "c h i n k_ i n_Cormier's a r m o u r" to a row of scowling faces??

Last edited:
If Cormier found the cure to aging, then yes, I would agree with you.
However, I believe that Cormier will continue to age and as a result, perform a little bit worse in the third fight and either get KO'd again, or maybe win a close decision.

Back