What does jon jones think is gonna happen?

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Reports came out that DC hurt his knee before the hendo fight and might need surgery;
who is going to replace Alexander Gustafsson and be as worthy a contender??

Seriously just confused why jones is stalling again and refuses to sign his bout agreement.

Anyone else confused at Jones behaivor?

Jon Jones has been listening to Luke Thomas.

This is the same guy that trolls trolls on instagram so no I'm not confused by his behavior.

someone theorized he was holding out for money.

I can't see that being the case..

He isn't angling to not fight Gus lol. He just wants proper compensation to fight Gus as he is the top name in MMA. It makes sense.

Seriously just confused why jones is stalling again and refuses to sign his bout agreement.

Anyone else confused at Jones behaivor?

They're in the middle of contract negotiations. They want him to renegotiate before he fights Gus (he only has one fight left on his contract).

They obviously aren't wanting to pay Jones what Jones thinks he is worth, so he is not signing the agreement until they do.

IMO he should put the contract negotiation on hold and agree to fight Gus, then renegotiate when he's STILL the LHW champ and has all the leverage and can get that Anderson Silva money.

They're in the middle of contract negotiations. They want him to renegotiate before he fights Gus (he only has one fight left on his contract).

They obviously aren't wanting to pay Jones what Jones thinks he is worth, so he is not signing the agreement until they do.

IMO he should put the contract negotiation on hold and agree to fight Gus, then renegotiate when he's STILL the LHW champ and has all the leverage and can get that Anderson Silva money.

I agree, for Jones to maximize his own value he should fight the last fight on his deal and then be the reigning champ with no contractual obligation to continue fighting for the company. Then he really holds the cards.

In all fairness, he's negotiating his new deal. To make it seem like he's afraid of Gus is stupid. People would over think and make up BS for someone they don't like. I don't like JBJ, but it's obvious that he's going through the process of a new contract.

In all fairness, he's negotiating his new deal. To make it seem like he's afraid of Gus is stupid. People would over think and make up BS for someone they don't like. I don't like JBJ, but it's obvious that he's going through the process of a new contract.

Fortunately for Dana there are plenty of idiots who really think this contract negotiation equates to Jones being scared of Gus, which is what the UFC wants.

We, as fans, need to stop bitching about fighter pay and understand when they are renegotiating their contracts that it may delay fights if UFC wants to play hard ball.

It's up to the fighters to fight for what they deserve, so when Dana comes crying to the media that a certain fighter isn't signing the dotted line and trying to twist public opinion in the UFC's favor, we need to STFU and let them work it out.

Jones has two huge fights coming up, and being the undefeated champion (excluding Mazzagatti's fuckup), he holds a lot of cards right now and should push for whatever he feels he deserves. They'll meet somewhere in the middle and we need to be patient.

He isn't angling to not fight Gus lol. He just wants proper compensation to fight Gus as he is the top name in MMA. It makes sense.

this^^^

how many killers does Bones have to beat before idiots realize he's not scared/ducking? Greatest run ever at any weight!

With one fight left he doesn't want to lose all that leverage when mauler takes his cigarettes while he's swimming

I agree, for Jones to maximize his own value he should fight the last fight on his deal and then be the reigning champ with no contractual obligation to continue fighting for the company. Then he really holds the cards.

Could you imagine if he beat Gus and then played the field getting offers from Bellator?

I'm sure Bellator would be more-than-willing to dish out that Viacom money.

Would make Dana pay top dollar.

No way, too much risk, if he loses the UFC will absolutely screw him. The last fight went to the judges, there's a good chance that happens again.

Jones holds all the cards here. He's not only making the right move, he's making the smart move.

I can already hear Dana now if he loses. Work your way back up to the top, win the strap, and we'll see what happens with the next contract.

There is a Champion Clause in all UFC fighter contracts.

He really shouldn't be so arrogant and sign the contract.

We, as fans, need to stop bitching about fighter pay and understand when they are renegotiating their contracts that it may delay fights if UFC wants to play hard ball.

It's up to the fighters to fight for what they deserve, so when Dana comes crying to the media that a certain fighter isn't signing the dotted line and trying to twist public opinion in the UFC's favor, we need to STFU and let them work it out.

Jones has two huge fights coming up, and being the undefeated champion (excluding Mazzagatti's fuckup), he holds a lot of cards right now and should push for whatever he feels he deserves. They'll meet somewhere in the middle and we need to be patient.

Yes. Seriously. Jones can probably make himself several million dollars extra over the lifetime of the contract by holding out a few more weeks. Two years from now, no one will even remember that these negotiations took time.

NFL players hold out all the time, to the point where they end up missing training camp. It's just part of doing business.

Back