What does JDS need to do to win a 3rd fight?

FedorandBjpenn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im a huge JDS fan but... I just don't know if he will be able to stop the constant pressure Cain brings. I mean how do you beat Cain if you don't KO him? I can not see anybody winning a decision verse Cain. The in your face pressure is something that I've never seen any other fighter bring. Its almost similar to Fedor in some ways.

So what does JDS need to do in order to win a rubber match? Work on TDD? Keep His hand up all the time? Work on his offensive wrestling? Mix up kicks with his punches?

Opinions?

1. CARDIO

2. Do just what Cain did. Move forward, go for takedowns, and push cain against the cage. Once he does that, the fight becomes more even and his advantage in the striking will come into play.

He could pull a Tonya Harding and hire a guy to hit Cain in the knee with a crowbar before the fight. :D

Or he could try keeping his hands up.

1. CARDIO

2. Do just what Cain did. Move forward, go for takedowns, and push cain against the cage. Once he does that, the fight becomes more even and his advantage in the striking will come into play.

I agree he does need to wear him out a little. That will be a tough thing to do. I really wanna see more of JDS's wrestling and ground game

Challenge Cain to prove his ethnicity by drinking Mexican tap water?

1. Not gas in case he doesnt KO him early

2. Hit him like he did last time

Its quite simple

He needs to back Cain up. He can't let himself get walked down like that. Cain can't hit a TD if he is constantly moving back.

1. CARDIO

This, minus the takedowns. It's obvious that's he's stronger than Cain, he just needs the ability to use that strength over a longer duration.

He needs to back Cain up. He can't let himself get walked down like that. Cain can't hit a TD if he is constantly moving back.

That's why he's gotta do exactly what Cain did. Go for takedowns. Then I think his superior boxing will come into play.

Cardio + that one precision hit right on the spot.

This, minus the takedowns. It's obvious that's he's stronger than Cain, he just needs the ability to use that strength over a longer duration.

Thanks man. Just asking though:

Why minus the takedowns? He needs to back Cain up and stand his ground. He can't do that by backing up and looking to sprawl and counterstrike. He already tried in this fight and he just played into Cain's game.

1. Not gas in case he doesnt KO him early

2. Hit him like he did last time

Its quite simple

No it's not because he can't KO Cain when he's backing up the whole time.

He needs to do what Cain did and then the opportunity for a KO punch may come.

Avoid being out on his feet for the last half of round one and the entire second round.

Thanks man. Just asking though:

Why minus the takedowns? He needs to back Cain up and stand his ground. He can't do that by backing up and looking to sprawl and counterstrike. He already tried in this fight and he just played into Cain's game.

I just personally feel like going for a TD's is playing into Cain's strong point, and I feel like Cain might be able to handle them due to wrestling experience. If he hit one out of nowhere at the right time, that's different, but when I read you post I pictured JDS fighting the way Cain did last night - big shots from the get go. I guess I don't mean ZERO takedowns, but I'd not like to see it something he's focused on completing.

1.Work on his cardio obviously

2. LET HIS HANDS GO --rewatching the fight is frustrating cause there's so many times I see, in the 1st round where he's still fresh that he's just backing away. Not even swinging. (and cain's in range btw)

3. consider capitalizing on one of cain's failed attempts. Remember all those times Cain went for a sloppy ankle grab and ended up on his knees or on his belly? What if JDS had just turned around and started throwing Ground and Pound at him?

I'm not a coach but I'd say be aggressive early. I don't think he would ever win a decision against Cain and he already showed he can finish him early so he should go hard right away and try to get the finish early. Sure, work on cardio but strikers seldom win decisions over wrestlers so realistically he either finishes Cain while he still he's fresh or loses.

His cardio wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as Cain's and probably won't ever be so focusing on that to try and outlast him is a waste imo.

1. Come up with a gameplan this time.
2. Cardio.
3. Backing Cain up.
4. Keep your hands up this time.

Come out ready to fight in the first round...

And this. Not even "in" round 1, but as soon as the ref starts. It might not be his general style, but he JDS has to make allowances for the times when game plans need to be altered. I don't think JDS is 1 dimensional as a fighter, but I think his game planning might be. Does anyone know who he trains with to practice wrestling?

Back