What does it take for you to accept Jon Jones

Jon isn't the only one. Fighters in every tier are testing positive. You just don't care about them until they are top 10 and then all of a sudden their success is because of the juice.

Oh please. Jon is a great fighter but he is no victim. A little advice, if you don't want people accusing you of cheating and questioning your accomplishments then don't cheat. It is that simple. Trying to use misdirection or lumping him into a group to soften the blow does not change the individual circumstances at all.

It is not like people are speculating about the shit he has done, it is a matter of record. You say we people must overlook the problems to admire the greatness of his accomplishments. One could also say that it is unfortunate that a great talent created such problems that will have people forever question the legitimacy of his accomplishments.

Deep down a person knows whether they earned something honestly or they cut corners to achieve. It speaks volumes about that persons character whether that is a problem for them or not. He has given people room to criticise both his character and the legitimacy of his work, it wasn't a fabrication, he did it to himself.

It is a shame that he created such uncertainty, his work would have been really special had he not cast shade on it in many fans minds. I used to like Jones at one point. I no longer have any respect for him.

All these people on here saying things like, "we are blessed". Lol. It feels like people are ready to throw on the robe and sandals and do the big slow march to the performance institute. That would be fun to watch but it is a little weird, just saying.

I couldn't really understand that kind of mentality, until I watched the American Crime Story season about OJ Simpson. Sports are so important to North Americans that athletic success give you a free pass over pretty much anything, including literally cheating to achieve that success in the first place.
Soccer fans are as bad if not worse, with OJ it was the American legal system that is fucked.

I couldn't really understand that kind of mentality, until I watched the American Crime Story season about OJ Simpson. Sports are so important to North Americans that athletic success give you a free pass over pretty much anything, including literally cheating to achieve that success in the first place.
Only when it comes to football and maybe basketball. I remember Michael Vick. American football fans would let you molest their children for Superbowl tickets.

Jon is GOAT. Whether you like him personally or not.
I think this is close. If he continues to dominate for 4 or so more fights, then it will be undisputable. He is the best fighter this sport has seen. He has the best resume of wine out there.

Two things though, the first is the steroid stuff. In a few decades, no one will care. The second is his personal life, and in a few years no one will care. Assuming he doesn't add fuel.

I think my list is GSP, Jon, Fedor, Silva, and then it starts being too close to say.

Having said that, Fedor is the only one I rooted for.

I accept him....

I accept that he's and incredible fighter and a total douche.

Back