What does it mean to be "White"?

Armenians are white but they're not Europeans. Most of the middle East and North Africa have to put caucasian on census forms.

LOL good one. But I've seen lots of non-whites with good credit scores so its not exclusive to whites. And diversity programs don't benefit asian men but theyre not white either.

Whites owe me respect and to be treated as a fellow American.

There are skulls found in Asia who belong to the Caucasoid skull structure, but they weren't white.

I can do it too, but I dont get called white.

So your answer to being white is being white. Great answer boy.
The truth? so white people just appeared out of nowhere as perfect blue blonde eyes aryans and all the other caucasians are just mixed people with ????? (aliens?).

Dont be ridiculous, if any italian is more mixed are nothern italians since they received the brunt of invasions by a shitload of tribes, thats why they are whiter, because they are mixed with celts, germans and others.
And neanderthals.

All I ever hear is white people whining about their oppression. So I want to know, what is white?

There, you've said it. White people are whinny.

The mystery of why you created this thread has finally been solved.

"white" is too vague of a term to look for a solid definition. there are certain traits that, "in general" people associate with being white. your korean friends will never be considered white because of their facial features. slanted eyes is not considered a trait of being white. but as you say, they do have the lighter skin-tone, yet their other features disqualify them in the eyes of most. in a way, some just have, "the general look" of whiteness. that's why i brought up the example of argentina. some people will look at an argentinian, and say, "yeah, that's a white person". while someone else will look at the same person, and shrug their shoulders and tell themselves, "uh...yeah, sure. if you think you're white, i guess that's fine".

you can make arguments for or against, no matter how bad the argument may be.

So that means theres no such thing as being white or something? or can anyone then identify as being white?

Cuz I have a friend who looks what you would probably consider white. We're from the same country. Yet I get confused for Chinese, he gets off as a white guy.

012-8x10.jpg

Bow before your kings bitches !

So you are going to be stupid? thats how its gonna be?

Italians who are of mostly Etruscan heritage are now mixed, while the italians that were raped by the Cimbri, Celts, Goth, Huns and who knows what else, they are absolutely 100% pure italians.

This is how the Etruscan painted themselves

Tomb_painting2.jpg

Tomb_painting10.jpg

Italy is also one of the European countries with less admixture because of how isolated they are by sea and mountains from everyone else, and because they were good warriors so they managed to keep people out.
And so did the greeks, and they are mixed with other races besides "white" too. You just go ahead with your bad self though.

But what is a white person? And why are some cultures white and some aren't?

This question can best be answered by another question:

What culture strips naked as they protest? It's just so weird.

There, you've said it. White people are whinny.

The mystery of why you created this thread has finally been solved.

But I've met lots of black people who are whiny too. And Asians, and if people could be purple, they would whine as well.

So thats not what makes them white

you absolutely must investigate strange noises, and other horror movie tropes b/c white privilege

Having a midichlorian deficiency is one criteria. Others include an over abundance of genetically inherited guilt, a predisposition to racism and genocidal practices, also a predilection for wall building if time allows.

Bitch, please. My boy Palpatine is the whitest guy in the Galaxy, and his Midichlorian level is over 9,000!:D

So that means theres no such thing as being white or something? or can anyone then identify as being white?

Cuz I have a friend who looks what you would probably consider white. We're from the same country. Yet I get confused for Chinese, he gets off as a white guy.

you have a friend who is native to china and can pass as white? is this person from the very far-west of china?

yes, i would say that there is no such thing as being white. there is only an individual definition of what we all as people consider as white. and within this loose definition, there are varying degrees. someone might have certain characteristics that you would consider white, but may have other features that override those features that would disqualify them. someone else might not think those features override it. this is like trying to place all hispanics into one category. it's impossible. pele doesn't look anything like shakira, yet both are considered hispanic.

you have a friend who is native to china and can pass as white? is this person from the very far-west of china?

yes, i would say that there is no such thing as being white. there is only an individual definition of what we all as people consider as white. and within this loose definition, there are varying degrees. someone might have certain characteristics that you would consider white, but may have other features that override those features that would disqualify them. someone else might not think those features override it. this is like trying to place all hispanics into one category. it's impossible. pele doesn't look anything like shakira, yet both are considered hispanic.

Neither of us are native to China, I just have black hair, epicanthic eye lids, and light skin so to most americans, they think asian (ironically, Chinese people think mixed white and asian and some go as far as to say european). he has brown hair, pale skin, and no epicanthic folds in his eyes and is taller than me so people think he's a white guy.

So then if there is no real definition of being white, does that mean white people dont exist? So what is that option on census forms about?

In order to put everyone into one group, there has to be some claim, no matter how minor, one unifying trait to be white. Otherwise, what's the point in calling yourself white?

Bitch, please. My boy Palpatine is the whitest guy in the Galaxy, and his Midichlorian level is over 9,000!:D
Tell that to some BLM folks who seem to think melanin = midichlorians. Lol

Just because a race is hard to pin down and has fuzzy edges doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Put a blond swede and a Nigerian in room and you know who's white. It's just complex in many cases.

Is it the same kind of stupid that said the first Chinese were black? I shit you not, I saw a video on it and it blew my mind at how far fetched these black historians get.

Pretty sure they think the first everything was black. From Europe, to North America, you name it. Shakespeare was black too as were many other famous historical Europeans. I heard it from the Black Hebrew Israelite's (Blacks are the original/true Jews as well)

Just because a race is hard to pin down and has fuzzy edges doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Put a blond swede and a Nigerian in room and you know who's white. It's just complex in many cases.

But what makes the blonde swede white?

To me white means that i am going to be playing with soldiers angels and casting spells that prevent damage. It also means that i will have way more creatures with flying. On the downside I wont have any direct damage , creature removal or counter spells at my disposal.

Im almost always white. Though sometimes I like to be green. I like elves

Back