What does it mean to be "White"?

So then what does it mean to white? You need a consistent criteria for there to be a white race.
It really means Anglo-Saxon.
English people, including their descendants and their ancestors.
No other European people referred to themselves as white historically.

Yes you are, you assume that a perfect unmixed italian is white (white white).

Just classic bullcrap and cultural appropiation of northern europeans, nothing to see here.

Too many english actors playing roman legionnaires and emperors and people start stealing other peoples culture and achievements.
Nope, just the truth. They are mixed, and there is no PERFECT Italian, and I never said there was. It is a difference in the area they live in, and nothing more. But feel free to whine about appropriation. People here are insane about other's skin color.

At least I can tell you have never been to Italy.

Ok for a physical thing to exist you need a definite criteria. How do you define white? is it skin color? national origin? what is it?

You even said Northern European. Is that geographical? And why?

No, it doesnt.

What makes a woman hot? ask 100 people and get 100 answers.

It really means Anglo-Saxon.
English people, including their descendants and their ancestors.
No other European people referred to themselves as white historically.

But even then, according to Genetic Studies, most Englishmen aren't even descended from Anglo-Saxons. Their ancestors were neolithic people who migrated from modern day Iberian Peninsula.

What did they mean by white?

No, it doesnt.

What makes a woman hot? ask 100 people and get 100 answers.

attractiveness is a subjective quality. We don't put hot or not on our applications. We do put white though. For an application to ask that, there has to be a real criteria, otherwise how do we know who's white?

Nope, just the truth. They are mixed, and there is no PERFECT Italian, and I never said there was. It is a difference in the area they live in, and nothing more. But feel free to whine about appropriation. People here are insane about other's skin color.

At least I can tell you have never been to Italy.

The truth? so white people just appeared out of nowhere as perfect blue blonde eyes aryans and all the other caucasians are just mixed people with ????? (aliens?).

Dont be ridiculous, if any italian is more mixed are nothern italians since they received the brunt of invasions by a shitload of tribes, thats why they are whiter, because they are mixed with celts, germans and others.

attractiveness is a subjective quality. We don't put hot or not on our applications. We do put white though. For an application to ask that, there has to be a real criteria, otherwise how do we know who's white?

If someone is darker than you, then he is not white, if he is whiter or equal then he is white.

White is not the same as caucasian.

If someone is darker than you, then he is not white, if he is whiter or equal then he is white.

White is not the same as caucasian.
All my Korean friends are lighter than me in skin color. they are not white. So skin color alone is useless.

The truth? so white people just appeared out of nowhere as perfect blue blonde eyes aryans and all the other caucasians are just mixed people with ????? (aliens?).

Dont be ridiculous, if any italian is more mixed are nothern italians since they received the brunt of invasions by a shitload of tribes, thats why they are whiter, because they are mixed with celts, germans and others.
You are insane. Norther Italians of course are more white because they are mating with, wait...... More white people! Amazing!

This thread is about white people in general, so whites mixing with whites isn't the question. I mentioned why the southern Italians are not always considered "white" by some, and that's the answer. Don't like it? Whine some more. Go to Italy and tell them why they think the way they do too.

You are insane. Norther Italians of course are more white because they are mating with, wait...... More white people! Amazing!

This thread is about white people in general, so whites mixing with whites isn't the question. I mentioned why the southern Italians are not always considered "white" by some, and that's the answer. Don't like it? Whine some more.

Alright so if the southern italians aren't white in your opinion, why is that? and What are they?

Alright so if the southern italians aren't white in your opinion, why is that? and What are they?
I don't have an answer. I don't really care either. If skin color is so damn important to you, you should have the answer, not me.

I think they could be considered "white" but it's just a blanket term for the people of european descent, like black for africans. Doesn't make sense to me, so I cannot tell you.

I don't have an answer. I don't really care either. If skin color is so damn important to you, you should have the answer, not me.

I think they could be considered "white" but it's just a blanket term for the people of european descent, like black for africans. Doesn't make sense to me, so I cannot tell you.

All I ever hear is white people whining about their oppression. So I want to know, what is white?
Skin color isnt important to me, it is important to most folk who call themselves white. But it doesnt seem to define whiteness because there are light skinned people who arent white and not all white people are the same color.

If you dont have an answer, that means you just came here for what exactly?

All my Korean friends are lighter than me in skin color. they are not white. So skin color alone is useless.

"white" is too vague of a term to look for a solid definition. there are certain traits that, "in general" people associate with being white. your korean friends will never be considered white because of their facial features. slanted eyes is not considered a trait of being white. but as you say, they do have the lighter skin-tone, yet their other features disqualify them in the eyes of most. in a way, some just have, "the general look" of whiteness. that's why i brought up the example of argentina. some people will look at an argentinian, and say, "yeah, that's a white person". while someone else will look at the same person, and shrug their shoulders and tell themselves, "uh...yeah, sure. if you think you're white, i guess that's fine".

you can make arguments for or against, no matter how bad the argument may be.

This thread is about white people in general, so whites mixing with whites isn't the question. I mentioned why the southern Italians are not always considered "white" by some, and that's the answer. Don't like it? Whine some more. Go to Italy and tell them why they think the way they do too.

So you are going to be stupid? thats how its gonna be?

Italians who are of mostly Etruscan heritage are now mixed, while the italians that were raped by the Cimbri, Celts, Goth, Huns and who knows what else, they are absolutely 100% pure italians.

This is how the Etruscan painted themselves

Tomb_painting2.jpg

Tomb_painting10.jpg

Italy is also one of the European countries with less admixture because of how isolated they are by sea and mountains from everyone else, and because they were good warriors so they managed to keep people out.

All I ever hear is white people whining about their oppression. So I want to know, what is white?
Skin color isnt important to me, it is important to most folk who call themselves white. But it doesnt seem to define whiteness because there are light skinned people who arent white and not all white people are the same color.

If you dont have an answer, that means you just came here for what exactly?
Whites whining about oppression? THen what is YOUR answer to your question, since you have at least a clue to what "White" means?

I came to see what people would put, and see if they made sense. Some actually come into a thread looking for answers too, ya know.

Back