What does Dos Santos do now?

JDS wont cut 205. He's a natural framed HW. Overeem is the Nr1 dreammatch. Should have been happened years ago.

What do you guys see the UFC doing with Dos Santos now? I don't think there is any need to debate at this point who the better fighter is of the two. Last night was pretty definitive. At the same time, Dos Santos is clearly head and shoulders above everyone else in the divison. Since there is no need for a 4th fight, what does he do now? Does he get the John Fitch treatment? I see them trying to give Junior big fights agianst guys who are names in the divison, but aren't legitimate contenders anymore. Guys I see him fighting: Overeem and Bigfoot. Guys he will absolutely be kept away from: Browne, Werdum, Barnett, Cormier. Thoughts?

It wll be interesting to see if the UFC tries to protect potential challengers to Cain's title from fighting JDS. They can probably protect some but not all. Styles make fights and some people that possibly could give Cain a better fight might still get destroyed by JDS. And having to beat JDS and CAin to be champ is a heck of long-shot

But at the same time JDS has destroyed everybody else he has fought. He isn't gonna be champ so long as Cain is but they can't really justify regulating him to like gatekeeper status. I think Werdum will be next for Cain so that isn't much of a question. But I can see them definitely protecting DC and him not having to go thru JDS for a title shot. I can see JDS fighting Barnett or Browne though

They should give him Overeem if he wins over Mir. That would be a huge fight, main event for sure and if Overeem puts some good KO on Mir they can sell it. Or just Miocic so JDS can come back in the winning column

On the other hand I think Barnett would beat JDS at this point, pretty much like he did to Mir, clinch and dirty box. We saw how effective Cain was with that gameplan against JDS.

He'll probably fight the loser of Barnett/Browne, win, but any time he fights Cain, he'll be outclassed yet again. His TDD was better this time, heart of a lion, great chin, but he can't handle being pressured and Cain is the king of pressure.

I think they actually give JDS tough fights, but never against the #2 or #3 guys. They want the HW division to seem like it has some parity at the top of the heap, so it wouldn't make sense, to me, for the UFC to just have JDS keep putting all of Cain's potential dethroners to sleep and make it seem like Cain is a god because he beat Cigano twice.

I doubt they put him agianst the winner of Browne/Barnett, seeing as how that's a big fight to determine who's next in line after Werdum for a shot at Cain. I think they most certainly wait a little while and see if Reem can beat Mir. Then I think we see JDS vs. Reem

He knocks out a top contender or 3 and then fights for the belt. What else can he do?

I don't think Cain will be champ forever. If/when he loses it, they'll put JDS in there again.

Problem is after Werdum and Barnett (if he beats Browne) they run out of credible title contenders. So they simply will have to build up JDS for a fourth match in about 1-2 years. Who else is there? Overeem killed himself, Nog has already been beat by Cain and would need at least two good wins (maybe Miocic and Browne), Mir would not be sellable, Roy neither, and Browne would have to win 3 after he loses to Barnett.

Bring back Arlovski and see how he does against JDS. I imagine AA would get KO'd, but fuck it I would like to see Arlovski come back to the UFC before he gets too old still. I think it would light a fire under his ass and get him pumped up again anyway. He's boring now only because his heart isn't in it anymore.

Keep working his way back up the ladder. Fight Barnett, fight Browne if Reem could ever win a damn fight I am sure Junior would be glad to KO him right out of the sport. He'll be back..

Seriously if he destroys 3 guys in a row and Cain still has the belt how do you deny him another crack?

Not exactly the same, but it reminds me of the situation his mentor went through with Fedor back then in PRIDE.

I think he should face Barnett or Overeem.

I think JDS has to pretty much clean out the rest of the division to get another title shot now. It's more about time now than number of fights since the division is pretty thin. JDS probably only fights twice a year and I'd say he needs 4 or 5 straight wins unless Caine loses.

If Caine loses to Werdun, JDS would jump right to the top of the contenders list again since he owns a KO win over him.

Back