What does Dos Santos do now?

lfd0311

Pink Belt
Pink
Reaction score
What do you guys see the UFC doing with Dos Santos now? I don't think there is any need to debate at this point who the better fighter is of the two. Last night was pretty definitive. At the same time, Dos Santos is clearly head and shoulders above everyone else in the divison. Since there is no need for a 4th fight, what does he do now? Does he get the John Fitch treatment? I see them trying to give Junior big fights agianst guys who are names in the divison, but aren't legitimate contenders anymore. Guys I see him fighting: Overeem and Bigfoot. Guys he will absolutely be kept away from: Browne, Werdum, Barnett, Cormier. Thoughts?

They use him as a guardian to Cain's throne. If they can get past JDS, they're worthy of fighting the GOAT.

Id start learning how to wrestle, you're never going to reach the ability of a Velasquez, but he needs to become way better rounded, and his footwork, damn, it needs serious work.
He should train dutch kickboxing, mixed with some good Russian Sambo lol.

Im waiting for JDS to fight Barnett; that fight will happen imo, very interesting match up.

Keep fighting, winning, and making money. Cain won't be the champ forever and whoever wins it will eventually need to fight a former champion on short notice

still lots of guys for JDS to fight. All the guys Cain beat before JDS. Also Browne, Stripe and Barnett are options.

After bj beats Frankie , jds vs Penn for a shot at Rondas belt.

The UFC screwed themselves by rushing this trilogy. This third fight shouldn't have happened for another year or so. Now Jds pretty much has to wait for Cain to lose, which may not happen for a while.

They may just give him GDS for a tune up. After that he could fight hunt/bf winner. Of course if its bf that is.

Side question: who gets Cain after werdum? Barnett/Browne?

it's weird because he's just not good enough to beat cain yet he's a full step ahead of the rest of the division. i could see him being a late injury replacement for a future title fight. i can't see the ufc trying to market a fourth fight otherwise. at least not for a long time.

After Reem destroys Mir, it will be JDS vs. Reem. Seems about the right time for them to fight I think.

Browne/Barnett winner.

Uh, no. Browne vs Barnett loser sounds more likely and more appropriate. The winner of the aforementioned fight is likely to be slotted in for a title fight.

JDS will probably need to win 3-4 fights. He probably won't go into Rich Franklin-land because the HW division is of such nature that it's hard to see him not make a solid case for a title fight again.

If Overeem manages to beat Mir, then JDS is the absolutely last fighter they should let him fight. This is probably the absolutely last chance they could sell Overeem as a title contender, so they'd need a favorable match-up to put him up there, JDS is his absolutely worst possible match-up.

it's weird because he's just not good enough to beat cain yet he's a full step ahead of the rest of the division. i could see him being a late injury replacement for a future title fight. i can't see the ufc trying to market a fourth fight otherwise. at least not for a long time.

thats like having Shamrock as a late replacement to fight Tito again back in the day... lol way to kill a PPV.

Back