what does Conor and his team see that sherdorks don’t?

He fucked himself by wairting so long.

Khabib was the only play

Im sorry but if you need to be told the weaknesses in Khabib that Conor can exploit, then I dont think you have any basic knowledge of MMA.
C0nei-wXAAMIWYL.jpg

In terms of MMA? absolutely. Best boxer we've seen in MMA thus far and one of the best overall strikers. This isn't really disputable. Whether you like him or not.

Floyd is also one of the greatest boxers of all time. He's been one of my biggest Inspirations In boxing for almost 12 years. It's sort of funny when I see MMA fans who watched their first boxing fight ever try to comment on It.. lol
You Smug Nerd......Er..Sorry. I forgot you "Train".

While I'm certainly not going to say that Conor's fight IQ sucks, it's not "one of the best in the game". You don't sprint when you are running a marathon, in back to back fights. This is basically the only times in his fight career where he's faced some adversity, and his fight IQ was absolute shit. Your fight iq is how you adapt to your opponent. It's not the same as technical game planning.
I can fully understand the sentiment.

Although, I would say not everyone Is a 170 pound Nate Diaz In terms of being able to take a shot.

It was definitely a wake up call In terms of how he needs to manage his energy and cardio, relative to the confidence In his power. At the end of the day, as a champion you need to accept that you aren't always going to be able to knock out everyone and need to be ready to go the full duration. Definitely an Interesting lesson and the perfect opponent to give It.

It should be Interesting to see what was gained from the boxing realm / Floyd fight. When It comes to conditioning, the boxing realm Is at the highest level / most experienced In combat sports. MMA by comparison Isn't even close. Without a doubt he's gotten advice from many In the community, maybe even Floyd himself. Should be Interesting to see what comes of that experience In his upcoming fights.

Maybe nothing. Without a doubt though, he may have gotten the tools necessary to fix that hole In his game, but that remains to be seen.

FEEL Conor will land some strikes but wont be enough to stop Khabib from closing the distance. Once Khabib puts hands on Conor, the Russian rape begins.

Im sorry but if you need to be told the weaknesses in Khabib that Conor can exploit, then I dont think you have any basic knowledge of MMA.

Or an understanding of combat sports, period.

Frame across the collar bone and slip a left hand across the chin if he hasn't already ran into a left hand coming in and not go out.

I'm favoring Khabib though. Clear path to victory for both fighters. Makes an extremely interesting fight.

FEEL Conor will land some strikes but wont be enough to stop Khabib from closing the distance. Once Khabib puts hands on Conor, the Russian rape begins.

I agree with this guy, Khabib by closing the distance with his Willie Pep-esque footwork.

<36>

While I'm certainly not going to say that Conor's fight IQ sucks, it's not "one of the best in the game". You don't sprint when you are running a marathon, in back to back fights. This is basically the only times in his fight career where he's faced some adversity, and his fight IQ was absolute shit. Your fight iq is how you adapt to your opponent. It's not the same as technical game planning.

It is one of the best in the game. Even his ability to break down other people's fight is transcendent, and I've only seen Cruz do it better.

I dont think Conor thinks too strategically like that. He just wants to get paid and thinks he can starch anyone. At least that's my opinion. He prob thinks that the fight starts standing, and he'll hit Khabib with punches that Khabib doesnt see coming, just like he does with basically all his opponents. I'm favoring Conor for that reason, personally.

I think people see the holes in Khabib's striking and the way he keeps his chin up. Conor should be able to find Khabib's chin at least a few times. He probably also plans to relax and not tire himself out during the grappling exchanges, hoping that he keeps his strikes crisp while Khabib tires. If there is a lot of grappling invovled before Khabib is badly hurt, then it's prob not a good night for Conor.

I *highly* doubt Conor and his coaches give such little thought to strategy and exploiting weaknesses, and I would bet just about anything that at least someone on his team is watching tape of his opponents.

especially at the UFC championship level, and with sooooo much money involved in Conor's case, it would be extremely negligent for coaches to leave it up to the fighter to just go in there and 'do their thing'.

I can fully understand the sentiment.

Although, I would say not everyone Is a 170 pound Nate Diaz In terms of being able to take a shot.

It was definitely a wake up call In terms of how he needs to manage his energy and cardio, relative to the confidence In his power. At the end of the day, as a champion you need to accept that you aren't always going to be able to knock out everyone and need to be ready to go the full duration. Definitely an Interesting lesson and the perfect opponent to give It.

It should be Interesting to see what was gained from the boxing realm / Floyd fight. When It comes to conditioning, the boxing realm Is at the highest level / most experienced In combat sports. MMA by comparison Isn't even close. Without a doubt he's gotten advice from many In the community, maybe even Floyd himself. Should be Interesting to see what comes of that experience In his upcoming fights.

Maybe nothing. Without a doubt though, he may have gotten the tools necessary to fix that hole In his game. It remains to be seen.

I absolutely agree that his fight IQ is subject to improvement, and I think he did learn some things after Nate and fighting Floyd. He's obviously a very smart individual. I was just objecting to the statement that 'he currently has one of the best fight iqs in the business' - he very well might, but as it stands, we haven't really seen him demonstrate as much except in the Diaz fight, where it was kind of subpar. I guess you could give him some credit for the Mendes fight, however he seemed to be generally following the team's gameplan, not so much adapting to unknown circumstances.

I'm certainly not counting him out, when it comes to Khabib. I'm just leaning towards Khabib atm.

It is one of the best in the game. Even his ability to break down other people's fight is transcendent, and I've only seen Cruz do it better.

I think we are getting our signals crossed about what what fight iq is.

I was always taught that it is how you adapt to your opponent when things aren't working - or they are coming at you in ways that you didn't gameplan for. Fight IQ is recognizing, in the midst of a fight, that you need to react differently than you originally prepared for. Conor has only really been in this position against Diaz, and he didn't demonstrate much fight iq in those instances.

You seem to be talking about game planning.

The only thing is you think you are such a Badass, but really just a Nerd that looks down at others. That doesn't make you tough. How many real fights have you been in?
because I have some semblance of Intelligence that makes me a nerd? It's about being multi faceted kid, something you'd know nothing about In your small life.

lmao

I've had a bunch of pankration fights early on. Nothing major. Sparring. Could've went far further, along with a few others within my circle actually. At the end of the day It's about priorities though. At the end of the day you have to draw the line, higher aspirations and goals In life must come first.

I absolutely agree that his fight IQ is subject to improvement, and I think he did learn some things after Nate and fighting Floyd. He's obviously a very smart individual. I was just objecting to the statement that 'he currently has one of the best fight iqs in the business' - he very well might, but as it stands, we haven't really seen him demonstrate as much except in the Diaz fight, where it was kind of subpar. I guess you could give him some credit for the Mendes fight, however he seemed to be generally following the team's gameplan, not so much adapting to unknown circumstances.

I'm certainly not counting him out, when it comes to Khabib. I'm just leaning towards Khabib atm.
I feel ya

Diaz Is a tricky case though. If that was a 155 pound Diaz, then It probably wouldn't have been so.

Fighting Nate at that weight was very much akin to fighting Nick though. It presented some unique challenges which I don't think he'd ever face at any other weight.

Beyond that, I understand the sentiment. I would say his overall fight IQ is very high though. He definitely could've handled those situations far better. Although It seems to be one of those learning lessons, one of those moments In life where you're humbled and brought down to earth..which Is quite necessary. It's all about how you come back from it really, there's still a lot of question marks around Conor In terms of how he'll fix those holes In his game.

Khabib Conor is a whole other argument haha

Conor being absent for almost 2 years is kind of an advantage for him. For all we know, this dude has been training for Khabib all this time. He sure does have a plan, or he would never take this fight. Still getting raped though...

I know, you "train" and are a "Martial artist". You can also "End someones life with one punch".

Oh I know...... you think this guy is a technical Master......The training involved must be insane.

akkf9sc7ys1p2clzg.jpg

That was a defensive move from Conor who seemingly thought Floyd closed some distance whilst Conor had circled which Conor actually rushed hence he crossed he feet at the point he had stopped which is uncharacteristic of Conor.

I think we are getting our signals crossed about what what fight iq is.

I was always taught that it is how you adapt to your opponent when things aren't working - or they are coming at you in ways that you didn't gameplan for.

You seem to be talking about game planning.

No, I'm talking about fight IQ. You're talking about game planning for some odd reason. All game planning basically is, is enhancing your fight IQ for specific opponents or situation. You don't just magically learn a scenario, it was taught. Maybe not for that particular fight, but it's been taught.

Back