What does BOLT lock stand for???

Well if you read the title during the movie it says it.

"Bolden's Other Leg Triangle"

This has been around forever, but the Ari guy felt the need to name it after himself. I would think it has something to do with his ego, but according to the people on his message board, he has the least ego of any human alive; sol that can't be it.

This has been around forever, but the Ari guy felt the need to name it after himself. I would think it has something to do with his ego, but according to the people on his message board, he has the least ego of any human alive; sol that can't be it.

hahaha. And Push, sorry if I came across stupid man. Also I've heard ot called Bermuda Triangle, because nothing escapes Bermuda, so if u think u can get out of the triangle, u really can't. Then I've heard Marcelo just call it and inverted triangle. But it itsn't really a choke. What's the deal guys?

Also, does the Tepee choke actually work. It only works for me if their arm is on the floor.

THNAKS! So it's an inverted triangle? No BOLT, No BERMUDA. But can it still count as a triangle if it doesn't choke? I know this can choke, but usuallyy I feel it in the neck and shoulder. SOrry for all the questions guys.

And can anyone give me advice on the Tepee choke, and why it can be done wioth the arm not across the neck?

it does choke if done correctly. i almost put a black belt to sleep with an inverted triangle

it does choke if done correctly. i almost put a black belt to sleep with an inverted triangle

Thanks. And GREAT youtube vids man. I just checked em out. You make a very good teacher. Hope you heal up soon. Between you and Ryan Hall you've motivated me to master the Triangle Choke.

You got any Tepee tips Mikey?

Oh yea, that Twister counter to the scarf is awesome! I got 2 taps off that on Monday.

Thanks. And GREAT youtube vids man. I just checked em out. You make a very good teacher. Hope you heal up soon. Between you and Ryan Hall you've motivated me to master the Triangle Choke.

thanks man... personally i've been meaning to replace those vids. everytime i watch them i cringe at my poor movement..... it's amazing how much you can grow as a grappler in just one short year of living at an academy full time, haha. I'm just glad some people were able to get something from it.

since you like them the good news is i'll be replacing them with higher quality vids and adding some more when my arm heals up. a couple film students recently started doing privates with me, and they said this could actually help them with some class.

thanks man... personally i've been meaning to replace those vids. everytime i watch them i cringe at my poor movement..... it's amazing how much you can grow as a grappler in just one short year of living at an academy full time, haha. I'm just glad some people were able to get something from it.

since you like them the good news is i'll be replacing them with higher quality vids and adding some more when my arm heals up. a couple film students recently started doing privates with me, and they said this could actually help them with some class.

You know what? Usually the best practitioners/instructors/etc. are the ones that cringe when they see themselves. We need more cringers in the martial arts and less people that make instructional vids without the proper credentials. You got my support. If you ever have a seminar, throw me a PM.

Hmm, I've always referred to it as a reverse triangle, while an inverted triangle is then you are inverted (i.e. in North/South position and it isn't a choke). I hadn't seen it used with the arms that way...normally I use the reversed triangle of the legs to give me more mobility to go after their wrapped arm. I can't remember the last time that failed, but will need to keep the arm wrap in mind.

The "BOLT lock" and the reverse triangle choke are two completely different moves.

The "BOLT lock" and the reverse triangle choke are two completely different moves.

There are different naming conventions with different people. My blackbelt instructor calls that move a reverse triangle.

+1

There are a couple guys at my gym that really have really got the angle down on this, and it is a ridiculously tight choke.

There are different naming conventions with different people. My blackbelt instructor calls that move a reverse triangle.

The neck crank? I've only heard of it called a reverse triangle when it's done as a choke.

The neck crank? I've only heard of it called a reverse triangle when it's done as a choke.

I didn't watch the video very closely, but it looked to me like a choke, just finished the "Bravo" way instead of the normal pulling down on the head.

I didn't watch the video very closely, but it looked to me like a choke, just finished the "Bravo" way instead of the normal pulling down on the head.

Okay, that's what was confusing me. Yeah, this one is a deliberate cervical lock with no choke. My instructor's shown us a reverse triangle choke, which I've seen elsewhere, but I've never seen this particular neck crank anywhere but on Sub101.

Back