What does Bellator do with Guillard now?

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Honestly, they might release him. What the hell are they gonna do after that loss? Guess make any fight they want now. No way to build him back up unless u wanna give really really bad fighters. But nobody wants to see that and for what they're paying him i don't think they will.

Makes you question the legitimacy of the wsof fighters though. has a close fight with the champ and then gets destroyed by a middle of the pack bellator guy.

He needs a sports psychologist and a NA sponsor.

It doesn't make me question WSOF fighters, it makes me question Melvin Guillard and his current commitment level to being a fighter..

Fight Pitbull since both are coming off loses. Winner is probably a fight away from a title match-up.

Well if what the announcers were saying about him handpicking his opponent is true... Don't let Melvin handpick his opponents.

FFS, how hard is it to feed a guy like him giftwrapped highlight reel KO victims?

Honestly, they might release him. What the hell are they gonna do after that loss? Guess make any fight they want now. No way to build him back up unless u wanna give really really bad fighters. But nobody wants to see that and for what they're paying him i don't think they will.

Makes you question the legitimacy of the wsof fighters though. has a close fight with the champ and then gets destroyed by a middle of the pack bellator guy.

If he still wants to fight, Bellator can use him as a gatekeeper against up and coming nobodies.

Well if what the announcers were saying about him handpicking his opponent is true... Don't let Melvin handpick his opponents.

FFS, how hard is it to feed a guy like him giftwrapped highlight reel KO victims?

If I'm Melvin Guillard an All-American wrestler with a good submission game is the last guy I'd pick.

Loser of Thomson/Bronzoulis I guess.

It is not uncommon for fighters to completely derail after they are removed from realistically ever contending. Then they are just another old guy collecting checks at the end of their career. It's a dangerous place to be in fighting. I don't think Guillards nosediving in quality is anything indicative of wsof. It happens a lot.

I think that the best marches to makr forma Bellator:
Guillard vs Awad
Patricky vs Jansen
Held vs Girtz
Chandler vs Anderson
Brooks vs Thomson
Couture vs Primus

I missed the fight, how did he do?

I think that the best marches to makr forma Bellator:
Guillard vs Awad
Patricky vs Jansen
Held vs Girtz
Chandler vs Anderson
Brooks vs Thomson
Couture vs Primus

WOuld do

Brooks/Josh
Chandler/Girtz #1 contender fight
Melvin/Pitbull
Held/Awad
Primus/Couture
Anderson/Rickels

Sounds like Jansen is moving to WW.

What do they do with him? Make his matches for him instead of letting him pick his own opponents, for starters.

Probably still make stylistically appealing fights for him but instead of them being a top the cards they'll be at the start of the main card.

Guillard vs Awad or Sarnavsky to open a show would still bring in viewers.

They wont toss Guillard away6 they didnt throw away Kongo after the king mo loss they set him up against Volkov.

I simply couldn't believe that a long time mma fighter's tdd was that bad...

im literally comparing his tdd to one like kimbo v shamrock... and im halfway serious!

Feed him to Primus. Melvin will get wrestled and it would be a decent name on Brent's record.

Give him more fights. They can build their own stars by having them beat UFC veterans.

Rematch with Rich Clementi? I am sure that Bellator could coax him outta retirement for the right amount.:)

Who has the weakest chin at LW and no wrestling?

That's who should be next.

They should have him move up and fight MVP but that won't happen.

Guillard vs Awad or Sarnavsky to open a show would still bring in viewers.

Those are the two fights that make most sense to me.

Easy.

Guillard vs Awad
Guillard vs Rickels
Guillard vs Derek Anderson

Or as someone mentioned earlier.. the loser of thomson/bronzoulis

Edit: Guillard vs Sarnavskiy!

Put him up against someone with no wrestling

Either go with a complete squash match or you give him a tough fight like Saad. Thats actually tougher fight than Girtz so I think they go with a gimmie fight to get him a win.

Like they are doing with Punk, probably will do the same for Kos.

Back