What does Bellator do with Guillard now?

Melvin has 15 career losses. I'm sure it's business as usual with him. It's not like he's useless to Bellator or anybody now that the poorly kept secret of him being a very beatable fighter is out. So, what does Bellator do with Melvin?...wait for him to heal up and book him in a fight with another one of their LW's. If he wins, then his resurgence will be noted like it's been through his entire career..if he loses, well Melvin loses fights fairly often. He's kind of like the LW version of another Melvin we know.

Either go with a complete squash match or you give him a tough fight like Saad. Thats actually tougher fight than Girtz so I think they go with a gimmie fight to get him a win.

Like they are doing with Punk, probably will do the same for Kos.

So basically him vs rickels?

Well if what the announcers were saying about him handpicking his opponent is true... Don't let Melvin handpick his opponents.

FFS, how hard is it to feed a guy like him giftwrapped highlight reel KO victims?

I'm in the habit of watching fights with no sound. If what they said is true, Bellator is taking the wrong road.

For the TS question: I think they just put him in the middle of the pack. See what happens. Simple really. Melvin has a history of not stepping up to the big fights. This was a big fight for him but this was not at all a surprise. He needs someone to get him ready mentally. He can't do it for himself.

Now, towards the end of that fight, he was winning. At least he can say that. Not sure what was up before that though.

EDIT: aha, apparently he broke his hand in that fight. Not sure when. Could have been early.

Sign Fedor and do a catch weight bout with Melvin. Guillard takes it via youngness and assasinness.

pfft he shouldn't have been signed in the first place.

He is done, he has nothing left to contribute to the sport except taking away a spot on the card, that someone could fill and who will show up committed and hungry.

They will have him fight again.

Knowing Bellator he'll be on the main card while Girtz gets placed in the prelims.

Did they want Melvin to win? He couldn't cut it in the UFC or WSOF. It would make Bellator look bad if he was successful there.

I guess they'll decide after seeing the ratings. If Melvin brought in a lot of fans then give him a can. If not then feed him to Primus like Wallybear said.

It's good to have footage of your contenders crushing formerly respectable fighters like Melvin.

Knowing Bellator he'll be on the main card while Girtz gets placed in the prelims.

Brandon Girtz vs. Brent Primus coming soon to a Bellator prelim near you

Still can't believe how badly he was dominated by someone that he supposedly hand-picked.
To hell with getting released, dude just needs to call it quits.
Whatever heart he might've had left for the sport is clearly not there anymore.

Think you just use him to put over someone else.

Guillard has plenty to offer: His name!

Match him with Couture. Would prob do great ratings.

not going to happen, but I would love it if he got released.

Never been a fan of Melvin.

Back