what does a brazilian have to do to get title shots?

black belch

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
climb fucking mount everest, cure cancer?

if an american is marketable and smokes weed he can get ko'd for like 4 fights and still get shots like diaz and hendo

maia and jacare have to do what? werdum has to fight like 5 more times to get a rematch

we already have 2 belts, we should have at least 5.

uhm, maia has had title shots

have you just started watching MMA recently? Brazilians get title shots all the fucking time lol

Lmao maia

New fan detected

Get outted

And since u obviously didnt see it, his last titlefight was one of the worst of all time and dana publicly apologized for it

maia got a title shot against a brazilian lol

i'm talking abour WW maia, who has the most perfect WW record of all time

they are talking about giving nick diaz a shot

god damn, all teh sugar you guys eat up there is enterning the brains

brazilians get screwed by ufc/dana, thats not in question.. i'm talking about if brazilians are 1 trillion times more unfavoured than americans or 1 billion.. its the magnitude, its not even in question that americans get babied

Maia got a TS....against another brazilian. And it looked bad for him.

Yeah, he deserves a shot at WW now, but so do other fighters.

It is not about how good of fighter you are.

Keep Calm TS, I do think that Brazilians are getting shafted in today's UFC, but then again there are a lot of Brazilians stars fading and some of them making stupid choices that cost them.

Werdum, Maia, Jacare, Aldo and Barboza would of all gotten their respective title shots or Rematches if they were 'Murican.

maia got a title shot against a brazilian lol

i'm talking abour WW maia, who has the most perfect WW record of all time

they are talking about giving nick diaz a shot

god damn, all teh sugar you guys eat up there is enterning the brains

brazilians get screwed by ufc/dana, thats not in question.. i'm talking about if brazilians are 1 trillion times more unfavoured than americans or 1 billion.. its the magnitude, its not even in question that americans get babied

can't tell if serious.

Nick is looking for money fights. Him vs lawler is being shopped. That isn't a title fight.

Maia is in line. He has had a good run. if the last WW title fight wasn't so close, he'd probably already be confirmed for a shot.

I do feel for Jacare. He has been right there for awhile. But the guy getting the next shot isn't white or really that popular, so there really isn't a double standard. oh, and that guy did just barely beat Jacare, albeit he was likely roided to the gills when he did it as he got busted not long after.

calm down and think a little before you freak out and start spewing garbage.

No Brazilians fought in a title fight last night. Nope. Not a one.

if an american is marketable and smokes weed he can get ko'd for like 4 fights and still get shots like diaz and hendo

maia and jacare have to do what? werdum has to fight like 5 more times to get a rematch

So if you honestly believe this, why don't Brazilians just fight in Brazilian organizations then? Its the obvious solution if things are biased against them in America. The fact that Brazilians are coming to the UFC suggests that they believe they're not just wasting their time there (or, I suppose, they are masochists).

Beyond that, Maia and Jacare are poor choices to use to show bias.

Maia had a title shot and did nothing with it - and he did it against a Brazilian, showing that not only was the UFC willing to put a Brazilian in a title shot, but to put two in it, not exactly bias. Beyond that, its fairly common to only get one title shot. Fitch for instance, who was more dominant at WW than Maia has been (look at Fitch's record if you doubt) never got a second title fight after losing badly to GSP. Rory MacDonald only got one title fight, and he beat Maia. Same for Jake Shields - beat Maia, only one title fight. Which suggests both MacDonald and Shields should have been ahead of him, and instead the UFC got rid of them, while keeping Maia around. Not exactly anti-Brazilian.

And Jacare just lost to Romero - losing is rarely a stepping stone to a title fight.

So if you honestly believe this, why don't Brazilians just fight in Brazilian organizations then? Its the obvious solution if things are biased against them in America. The fact that Brazilians are coming to the UFC suggests that they believe they're not just wasting their time there (or, I suppose, they are masochists).

Beyond that, Maia and Jacare are poor choices to use to show bias.

Maia had a title shot and did nothing with it - and he did it against a Brazilian, showing that not only was the UFC willing to put a Brazilian in a title shot, but to put two in it, not exactly bias. Beyond that, its fairly common to only get one title shot. Fitch for instance, who was more dominant at WW than Maia has been (look at Fitch's record if you doubt) never got a second title fight after losing badly to GSP. Rory MacDonald only got one title fight, and he beat Maia. Same for Jake Shields - beat Maia, only one title fight. Which suggests both MacDonald and Shields should have been ahead of him, and instead the UFC got rid of them, while keeping Maia around. Not exactly anti-Brazilian.

And Jacare just lost to Romero - losing is rarely a stepping stone to a title fight.
Your question = Why do Americans who feel the UFC isn't fair just go to Bellator then? You know the answer.
Would you guys be happy with less competition? Weird to me.

they definitely played games with jacare for too long. and I'd love to see maia get a shot soon too.

TS isn't even really Brazilian. You can tell by the way he writes

How do Brazilians write?
The way he writes. Spelling it 'unfavoured'

saying you guys

saying get screwed

these things just don't ring Brazilian to me.

Can a real Brazilian confirm?

Cyborg woulda had a new 145 UFC belt, if she could fight at her weight class.

Also, she was popped again

Back