What Does ‘No Contact’ Even Mean?

TSexy

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I finally found the time to ask my esteemed Sherbros about this.

In below statement - what does ‘no contact’ mean? No contact in training/sparring, no contact to the UFC (why though?) or something else?

“The Black Beast is out until March 14 with no contact until March 7. Blaydes, meanwhile, is suspended until April 22 with no contact until April 7”

No sparring or anything that might end up in you getting hit in the head to avoid further brain damage after a fight im guessing

In theory, it means he's not allowed to spar until March 7, and isn't allowed to fight until March 14.

In reality, he probably sparred yesterday and could get a waiver to fight again this weekend.

In theory, it means he's not allowed to spar until March 7, and isn't allowed to fight until March 14.

In reality, he probably sparred yesterday and could get a waiver to fight again this weekend.

Whats up with that? Why does the commission even bother then?

It means don't touch

FrenchAnnualDogwoodtwigborer-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

In below statement - what does ‘no contact’ mean? No contact in training/sparring, no contact to the UFC (why though?) or something else?

“The Black Beast is out until March 14 with no contact until March 7. Blaydes, meanwhile, is suspended until April 22 with no contact until April 7”
Josh Emmet was also on no contact after Stephens put his face into pieces....and he showed up to a grappling match in east europe like 3 weeks after or so...against Zubaira Tukhugov...

I think it means he has to be left alone by the ufc they can't give him a fight before that date.

No contact, their wives will not be happy.

Essentially it means they can do whatever they want. No one is checking up on that.

Derrick Lewis would be out of his mind to essentially take 6 months off.!

Back