What do you think?

Yeah there is no doubt that HIIT is awesome for fat loss, but it does not help maintain muscle like weight training.

Yeah there is no doubt that HIIT is awesome for fat loss, but it does not help maintain muscle like weight training.

Weight training itself, is a form of HIIT. If you use the same nutrition and do HIIT, even sprinting, you will gain muscle.

Weight training itself, is a form of HIIT. If you use the same nutrition and do HIIT, even sprinting, you will gain muscle.

I was referring to HIIT as its most commonly used, in the form of interval sprinting. But yes, there are many forms of it.

depends on the person. someone who is very active trains 1 or 2 times a day should have 1 gram per pound. if all you do is bjj 3 times a week for fun then you dont need that much. personally i weigh 175 lbs and consume about 200 grams a day

You guys can throw out general numbers all you want. I have seen people grow off of 1,2, and 3 grams of protein per lb. To throw out a general number never really works out. Its always a trial and error experiment.

You guys can throw out general numbers all you want. I have seen people grow off of 1,2, and 3 grams of protein per lb. To throw out a general number never really works out. Its always a trial and error experiment.

All 3 of those are pretty high protein diets, anyway. Most nutritionists recommend like .35g-.5g per pound a day.

Most nutritionist I know are fat, out of shape, and not current with the times.

Just to quote myself from another thread, and QFT your statement.

me said:
I've played mad scientist on myself for a while now to see what the best things for me are and I'm pretty happy with the results. Through research and then experimentation, I can gain and lose weight whenever I choose because I know what works best for me... it's just a matter of willpower to do whats necessary.

Most nutritionist I know are fat, out of shape, and not current with the times.

And this is just plain truth.. for the most part. Most of the lifting and nutrition gurus I know are either small, weak and out of shape or fat, weak and out of shape...

Yep. They recommend a standard low protein diet, and have nothing to show for it. To them, all our diets are rediculously high in protein.

It just sucks that we have to go through so much effort to eat how we should be naturally eating.

Yeah...couple that with waaaaay to many kcals and look at obesity rates.

Back