What do you think th chances of Jones going for TD's and GnP during the fight are?

He'll try it to prove a point.

I think he can catch DC off guard while he's being held against the cage, who knows...

God forbid DC ends up on his back.

Why do people think DC will tire? He fought 5 hard rounds against Josh Barnett a few years ago, and is an even better fighter now.

Zero.

Although I do think it's worth a shot. DC has never been put on his back in a fight and there's at least a bit of a chance that the first time he finds himself there he does what most wrestlers do in that situation... which is to expose themselves to being choked in an attempt to escape.

Why do people think DC will tire? He fought 5 hard rounds against Josh Barnett a few years ago, and is an even better fighter now.

Looked at least a little tired vs Hendo, and he was dominating.

Maybe the cut didn't go perfectly, that can affect cardio.

Adrenaline dump, this is a huge fight with a ton of hype. He said he had one vs Mir and that's why he wasn't more aggressive, he just didn't have much left in the tank.

Not saying these are reasons he WILL get tired, just reasons he COULD get tired.

Chances are 100%.

Jones is arrogant, prideful and full of hubris..
Hubris?

He is an undefeated champion who has fought often and against all comers.

Cub Swanson entered his last bout with hubris. So did Barao.

Looked at least a little tired vs Hendo, and he was dominating.

Maybe the cut didn't go perfectly, that can affect cardio.

Adrenaline dump, this is a huge fight with a ton of hype. He said he had one vs Mir and that's why he wasn't more aggressive, he just didn't have much left in the tank.

Not saying these are reasons he WILL get tired, just reasons he COULD get tired.

I mean, kinda, not really? His work rate was awesome, for three straight rounds of pounding on Dan, and he never slowed down at all. Jones has slowed down in a few fights as well, though. I don't see either gassing. Cain knows what it takes for a large man to have cardio to go 5 rounds, and I'm sure he has bestowed that knowledge on DC in training.

This is MMA, anything can happen.

Velasquez has been taken down a couple of times, pretty sure DC can be taken down too.

I really think jones is trying to strategy troll team Cormier with his talk of wrestling. I think that jones will fake some but unless he has already rocked Cormier I don't expect him to go for and get a takedown.

if Jones hasn't gone for a takedown in the first three minutes, Ill be surprised.

Jones seems to be thoroughly convinced that he can take Cormier down after he "successfully" did during their little scuffle, and Jones was pretty stubborn in trying to let it be known that he could bang with Texiera on the inside when he clearly could have made his night a lot easier. I'm 100% sure he will wrestle with him at some point, but I really, really, REALLY, hope he doesn't.

Jones seems to be thoroughly convinced that he can take Cormier down after he "successfully" did during their little scuffle, and Jones was pretty stubborn in trying to let it be known that he could bang with Texiera on the inside when he clearly could have made his night a lot easier. I'm 100% sure he will wrestle with him at some point, but I really, really, REALLY, hope he doesn't.

Why?

Zero.

Although I do think it's worth a shot. DC has never been put on his back in a fight and there's at least a bit of a chance that the first time he finds himself there he does what most wrestlers do in that situation... which is to expose themselves to being choked in an attempt to escape.

Oops.

OrnateGregariousBernesemountaindog.gif

Back