What do you think th chances of Jones going for TD's and GnP during the fight are?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Combat Wombatt, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Combat Wombatt

Combat Wombatt Brown Belt

I believe a lot of people will think that Jones will want to use his wrestling to keep this fight standing while DC will want to use his wrestling for TDs to GnP.

The longer Jones has fought the more be has become a stand up fighter who uses his great wrestling for TDD and last minute TD's to secure a round. He'd much rather stand and bang, altough his GnP is lethal. His reach makes his elbows extremely dangerous and his submission game is strong.

DC has some power and it would be multiplied if Jones was on his back with his head pressed against the mat.

What do you think th chances of Jones going for TD's and GnP during the fight in an attempt to finish DC are (not just at the end of a round to secure the round via points)?

2. Blindead

Blindead Brown Belt

We have yet to see DC fight off of his back, and while he's a phenomenal wrestler, that doesn't really support him having a phenomenal bottom game. With his reach advantage Jones could do serious damage on the ground, but like the Rashad fight I think he'll mostly try to strike from the outside.

3. Bradillac

Bradillac Brown Belt

I don't think Jones is going to have much of a say in where this fight takes place.

4. U.S. Soldier

U.S. Soldier Red Belt

Only if Cormier is tired and in the late rounds. It will be pretty stupid and waste of energy if he goes for it in the early rounds just to prove a point. He is not getting that takedown

5. Wrapup

Wrapup Green Belt

I think it's highly likely if we hit the third round as Cormier tires and is bleeding, dealing with knees and elbows. I think Jon will focus on defending the takedown and softening Cormier up through that point.

6. prikoke

prikoke Brown Belt

If Gus can take Jones down, surely Jones may take DC down at some point.

7. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Steel Belt

I bet if he ever feels like DC is open for a takedown, he'll go for it. He can do crazy damage on the ground

8. Doomfarmer

Doomfarmer POSTS IN BOLD FOREVER

Chances are 100%.

Jones is arrogant, prideful and full of hubris.

He wants to prove to DC that he is a better wrestler because he truly believes he is.

He will attempt it, not sure how it will go.

9. SolidIce

SolidIce Purple Belt

10. Combat Wombatt

Combat Wombatt Brown Belt

Well, we've seen fights where the better wrestler got taken down, the better striker got out-struck, and the better submission expert got submitted.

11. Wayweary

Wayweary Silver Belt

I see him going for reactive TDs or trying to hit switches off of DCs attempts and such, for sure. I don't know that he will shoot from outside while DC is stationary or moving away though, most likely. He might drop for TDs against the cage as with Chael, though.

12. VictorCosta

VictorCosta Brown Belt

if he tries to prove a point in those first rounds by taking DC down, this will be a fun fight. I guess if he does it he will be tired bc he will play right in DC game

13. VictorCosta

VictorCosta Brown Belt

I just can't see Jones bullying DC on the cage, DC is small and has freakish strength, he will be reversed every time in the clinch. If Jones is smart he will fight from outside and win a decision.

14. estranged

estranged Brown Belt

he will try but won't suceed

15. Wayweary

Wayweary Silver Belt

You can't always avoid the clinch and I do think Jones can work his underhooks and play that game with DC if he has to. Making DC have to worry about those TDs will help him in the fight as long as he doesn't commit too much energy to it. Making DC think he doesn't have to worry at all about Jones' wrestling, to get comfortable doing what he wants standing and in the clinch, is a mistake.

16. AhuraMazda

AhuraMazda Purple Belt

Jones would be silly to try. DC will stuff any ridiculousness that Jones throws his way.

17. TdotK

TdotK Purple Belt

I've thought of a million and one scenarios for this fight, and I won't be surprised at anything.

What if Jones comes out and pressures DC right off the bat, and DC can't deal with the pressure? What if Jones can actually spin DC in the clinch, and consistently be the more dominant of the 2. Dude, anything can happen. I hate Jones for being so unpredictable.

What if DC clinches him up right away with no problems, and gets an uppercut KO? What if DC has no problems getting him down, and Jones gets him in a bottom crucifix like Hendo did, but lands vicious elbows, and stops him from the bottom? What if DC takes Jones down, and Jones turns into zombie mode JDS after a few minutes?

18. EliteHandSpeed

EliteHandSpeed Purple Belt

In the 4th and 5th rounds when DC is gassed and battered I definitely see Bones being able to take him down, cave his face in with elbows and then finish the fight with a rnc when DC turtles and gives up the neck

That's actually how I predict the fight to happen

19. AliBagaooteenov

AliBagaooteenov Imagine a Prime Yoel Romero Poundin yo Old Lady Banned

I agree, Jones will at some point in the fight try to take down DC jus to prove hes a better all around fighter and wrestler. This may happen when DC gets tired in the later rounds. Expect DC to get tired guys, I gurantee you DC will gas big time in later rounds and Jones will destroy him then. I bet money on Jones I am very confident he will destroy the small DC

20. FlexBelt

FlexBelt Orange Belt

That's actually an interesting way of looking at it. Since this is an MMA fight and not a wrestling match, I think Jones will get DC down at some point. Don't know if he can hold him down though.