What do you think of this whole cis gender thing going on?

If I told my therapist that I believe i'm charlie chaplin stuck in a different guys body they'd call me crazy. Can't they just check whether or not they have xx or xy chromosomes and base it on that?

This whole overt classification is actually ridiculous. Identity is a fluid thing, stop trying to categorize yourself.

This whole overt classification is actually ridiculous. Identity is a fluid thing, stop trying to categorize yourself.

Can I be a pony, and have everyone treat me as such when I sh*t all over the floor?

I wouldn't have anything to do with anyone that goes on about this BS.

Can I be a pony, and have everyone treat me as such when I sh*t all over the floor?

Overt idiotic comparisons are also unappreciated. They aren't pretending to not be human...

th

This is sad actually. These people probably got sexually abused as a kid by someone much older than them. So they have this altered view of themselves.

I wouldn't have anything to do with anyone that goes on about this BS.

In many languages every single noun has a gender of masculine, feminine, or neuter. The associated gender doesn't even have to make sense (Das M

No. Personally, I am referring to someone as what I perceive them as. If you look like a woman then I am calling you a she. If you look like a man then I am referring to you as such.

Would you be ok with everyone calling you a she because they kept thinking you were a woman?

Could care less. I know I wouldn't want to hang with people who are this difficult such simple things as gender. They just want attention and to feel more special/ unique than others.

If you were born with a penis, you're male.
If you were born with a vagina, you're female.
Amazing, huh?

No. Personally, I am referring to someone as what I perceive them as. If you look like a woman then I am calling you a she. If you look like a man then I am referring to you as such.

Our feels slighted by they's binary thinking.

Slate has really jumped on the gender identity bandwagon. Probably because LGB stories have stopped being effective linkbait now that homosexuality is pretty widely accepted by polite society.

I just classify them as DA (dumbass) and forget about it.

Really it doesn

Overt idiotic comparisons are also unappreciated. They aren't pretending to not be human...

Yikes, so closedminded! Not so long ago the general response to someone born with a y chromosome identifying themselves as a woman would have been that it was "idiotic." Now many people accept the idea that someone might be a certain sex physically but identify as another, and have come up with the sex/gender barrier.

Thing is, while that was absurd not long ago and acceptable now, there is a prolific history of people having strong feelings of association with animals to the point of identification with them - or, even, as them. You, like a good old fashioned bigot saying "WHAT? That person has a penis, therefore it is a man!" are just a few decades behind the curve, already prejudging what some people feel and what they will undoubtedly push to be made acceptable.

We have accepted that identity is fluid and subjective. That being the case, wherever you think the line should be drawn really doesn't count for much - you're just another person trying to impose what you think people should be on what people feel they are. Do I think it's absurd? You bet. Does this subjective identity slide pretty obviously follow from the can of worms we have opened? Darned tootin'.

So I stick by my assertion - I am a damned pony. Got a problem with that?

Back