What do you think of the average Sherdog user's intelligence level?

Sea level.

Endless-GIFs-EMGN1.gif

Well above average, but still not immune to elementary manipulation and picking wrong priorities and wrong sides.

Terrible

It's not as low as it seems because a lot of people think they're "trolling" by saying stupid things but even factoring that in it's pretty bad.

On here people with well established records are "exposed" after single losses
People who win fights are "lucky"
They think low level prelim fighters should be making 100k a fight
Losses only count if they're not coming off a lay-off, with a perfect training camp
UD'ing a person is somehow less of a win
ext. ext.

It is hard to say, as most of the poster seem to be on drugs as they post.
That does affect an IQ test.

Some very skilled shoopers and funny people, though.

<--on drugs when posting.
I'm also a PhD student, which doesn't necessarily mean I am smart, but it does suggest as much and certainly would support your hypothesis.

<--on drugs when posting.
I'm also a PhD student, which doesn't necessarily mean I am smart, but it does suggest as much and certainly would support your hypothesis.

Guilty of it as well.
Not too long ago I had a good laugh about some joke I posted, that I had no recollection of.

equal to that of the average voter.

No no. Just look at the shoop threads.

Sherdog is full of very intelligent guys, but some are showing it with intelligent and argumented conversations, while others are hiding it by being trolls or d*cks:)

I don't think there are many, if any stupid Sherdoggers.

I think most sherdoggers are average. Some are smarter, some are not, but most of us are just around that average level.

Because, you know, that's where most people hover around.

However, to me it's not interesting how smart people are. I'd be more interested to know how happy people here are. How happy they are with life and so on.

I think most sherdoggers are average. Some are smarter, some are not, but most of us are just around that average level.

Because, you know, that's where most people hover around.

However, to me it's not interesting how smart people are. I'd be more interested to know how happy people here are. How happy they are with life and so on.

I prefer people who are smart, but ignore that to a certain point and try to be as happy as possible anyway. Because how can you be smart, moral and happy anyway, unless you learn how to ignore many things?

It's low enough that if you talk down to people here, it's unlikely that most of them will even notice it.

Higher than you'd think I reckon.

I'm actually on board with this. If one says enough stuff, some of it will be dumb/proven to be wrong, and that's what we see here. Guys with zero accountability running their mouths.

I'm willing to bet the mean would fall between 100-115.

A lot of thread starters seem to be pretty dumb, but a lot of the responses to them are hilarious indicating that there are smart people here too. I'd say there are everything from McDonald's staff to university educated people here.

Oh, I also think the intelligence on display rises when you leave the main forum here and move into some of the sub-forums. This one is an everything goes sort of place and that's part of the appeal.

Well, I often do feel like I'm surrounded by morons here. A lot of good posters is on here as well, though.

Is they on here? I think I are on here too.

Back