What do you think of Mario Lopez replacing Goldberg?

I actually like Mario and Rome, but no way in hell I want them calling fights. I don't want some fng celebrity in there, I want someone like Anik who's been in the mix for a while, and is actually a real part of the scene.

Lol all these ugly bums jealous of Lopez. Go find a girl and get laid you salty virgins.

I have a man crush on Lopez.
Plus, at least he has some kind of knowledge of the human body.
Goldie, whilst an amusing sidekick had fuck all knowledge even after 1000s of fights.

But what I'd reallllly like is JCVD coked up out of his eyeballs, assisting Rogan and soing the occasional "aaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHH" slow-mo kick scream.
He can also go and wink, then kiss the fighters on the cheek post-fight.

Watch out Conor!!!

mario_lopez_boxing.jpg

I have no idea how he'll do, so I withhold judgment. I won't claim I'm excited to hear that he's a possible replacement, but you never know.

I like Mario Lopez but what a stupid replacement. If you were going to replace the guy you would expect them to find a much better upgrade.

Mario Lopez had the GOAT GNP back in the day

he was the original Tito Ortiz

I don't know much about the behind the scenes with Goldie and WME but I have feeling this more or less Goldie wanting to move on and the new direction isn't going to work with Goldie.

Remember that Zuffa is the one that built up Goldie to what he is. They directed him to be who we know as Goldie the commentator and he has been doing that roll for years and years. It would seem odd if the next event Goldie took on a completely different approach to it. Chances are we would all bitch about it an it won't come off good. So everyone involved I think is just kind of a no win situation with the direction they want to go with Goldie in the box.

P.S.: I don't think we'll get a newbie in the box for the major events. I think you'll see Anik promoted and maybe a newbie come in and take his place or some place within the commentator field.

Just wait for all the, is Mario fucking Ariana, after they take a pic together at one of the UFC events.

Oh, it's coming.

Mario Lopez becoming a UFC announcer is proof of how important the second ammendment is.

But what I'd reallllly like is JCVD coked up out of his eyeballs, assisting Rogan and soing the occasional "aaaaaaaaaaaHHHHHHHHH" slow-mo kick scream.
He can also go and wink, then kiss the fighters on the cheek post-fight.

<32>

I hope it's not Mario Lopez replacing Goldie. He simply doesn't belong. But neither does CM Punk.

But it wouldn't surprise me if WME brings in a "mainstream" commentator, hoping that his fans will follow him to the UFC. The UFC doesn't care about hardcore fans, and eventually it will backfire.

Back