Opinion What do you think of congress rep Katie porter grilling Jaime dimon?

In all honesty, the single mom needs to move out of the $1600 month 1 bedroom apartment. Find a place for $1000 or less and she's in black.
She should share a place with other single moms roommates.

So many of life's problems would be solved if people could think outside of the box and be willing to give up a few things. I mean there are cultures who often live with many families in a single dwelling and they all help each other get established. I have to say that many westerners have fallen into the trap that they're entitled "their own place" and endless personal freedoms. That can all come but most people should learn to live without some luxuries for awhile in favor of a long-term good position.

so the advice is live poorer? in a land of excess. Maybe you should recommend religion instead or be like jesus or some shit.

America in the good old days before we opened the floodgates was way better.

An American man could with his own low income, as let’s say a gas station attendant or flipping burgers, could afford a house, a car, a wife who didn’t work and afford children. He could afford his tv, his appliances, his telephone. He could afford a vacation.

Pushing women in the workplace lowered wages. As more competition lowers wages. Then the same big businesses still though they should save on labor. So they opened up the borders to ship in desperate people who work for cheap. That lowered wages even more.

This is what destroyed the wage earning American worker. At the behest of business.

America SHOULD be like it was. Where a man could afford his life from his own work.

Wrong in so many ways. It was the destruction of Unions as those groups would fight for higher wages. I remember working a register at a grocery store was a really good job for someone with only a GED. Like really good as in they worked that same job for decades. The overtime was great and so were the benefits. Companies like Walmart with their Union busting changer that dynamic.

But tell me more how it’s women and brown peoples fault.

Wrong in so many ways. It was the destruction of Unions as those groups would fight for higher wages. I remember working a register at a grocery store was a really good job for someone with only a GED. Like really good as in they worked that same job for decades. The overtime was great and so were the benefits. Companies like Walmart with their Union busting changer that dynamic.

But tell me more how it’s women and brown peoples fault.

Oh I’m very pro union. It’s that.

But unions can’t force people to use unions. Biz will take whoever they can.

Damn liberals are losing unions, bc unions got smart and want the border closed. The American worker doesn’t need more competition.

Oh I’m very pro union. It’s that.

But unions can’t force people to use unions. Biz will take whoever they can.

Damn liberals are losing unions, bc unions got smart and want the border closed. The American worker doesn’t need more competition.

Well I blame those fucks at Walmart for paving the way.

She should share a place with other single moms roommates.
I don't know that I'd go that far. I think single moms should be careful about who they live with. Getting another single mom roommate means another kid who can cause problems and the potential of the other woman's child's father and whatever issues they had coming into the home. Move back home before you expose your kid to a stranger on the regular.

So many of life's problems would be solved if people could think outside of the box and be willing to give up a few things. I mean there are cultures who often live with many families in a single dwelling and they all help each other get established. I have to say that many westerners have fallen into the trap that they're entitled "their own place" and endless personal freedoms. That can all come but most people should learn to live without some luxuries for awhile in favor of a long-term good position.
The issue as I see it is how does one promote a more old world traditional family system within the United States? What I see instead being promoted is the trope of the 'entitled millennial.'

America in the good old days before we opened the floodgates was way better.

An American man could with his own low income, as let’s say a gas station attendant or flipping burgers, could afford a house, a car, a wife who didn’t work and afford children. He could afford his tv, his appliances, his telephone. He could afford a vacation.

Pushing women in the workplace lowered wages. As more competition lowers wages. Then the same big businesses still though they should save on labor. So they opened up the borders to ship in desperate people who work for cheap. That lowered wages even more.

This is what destroyed the wage earning American worker. At the behest of business.

America SHOULD be like it was. Where a man could afford his life from his own work.
I mean I wish I lived in that world too but I think that ship has sailed in all reality.

I don't know that I'd go that far. I think single moms should be careful about who they live with. Getting another single mom roommate means another kid who can cause problems and the potential of the other woman's child's father and whatever issues they had coming into the home. Move back home before you expose your kid to a stranger on the regular.
I know a chick in that situation and it's so sad but she said she won't move back home because her mother constantly undermines her authority as a mother. Her Mother refuses to accept the role as Grandmother while living in the same dwelling.

I agree, I've said before that in America we should invest more in multi-family homes and provide tax incentives for extended families to live together. Two issues that I think can be alleviated through this are the lack of access to childcare and senior isolation. Just seems kind of odd that in a world where some seniors average a week without any interaction with others and where even two parent households struggle to find time to spend with their kids or afford daycare that we don't seriously consider the value that grandparents can bring to lives of their grandchildren when they live under the same roof.
Move back home before you expose your kid to a stranger on the regular.
That's what a lot of single moms do but I also wonder if it might not be the worst idea for others especially in a world where the cost of housing is out of control.

That's what a lot of single moms do but I also wonder if it might not be the worst idea for others especially in a world where the cost of housing is out of control.
I agree. I think it should be the default position. My parents certainly felt that way. My brother was an engineer for Verizon living at home putting almost all of his income into his investments. It's such an advantage to have the time to figure things out without the financial strain of running your own household, even if it's an inexpensive household.

I agree, I've said before that in America we should invest more in multi-family homes and provide tax incentives for extended families to live together. Two issues that I think can be alleviated through this are the lack of access to childcare and senior isolation. Just seems kind of odd that in a world where some seniors average a week without any interaction with others and where even two parent households struggle to find time to spend with their kids or afford daycare that we don't seriously consider the value that grandparents can bring to lives of their grandchildren when they live under the same roof.

I'm not a hundred percent sure about the first part of your post, only because I don't like government getting involved in anything. But I do agree with the rest more or less. Also, I think total separation should be a viable opportunity for everyone if they wish. Family can be good but it can also be an inescapable tie to the past. Some families are better than others and IMO everyone should have the opportunity to escape, find life out for themselves and run their own home as they wish. But I do understand the value of grandparents like you say. Overall I just think government aside, people should be much more willing to sacrifice freedoms or living individualistic lives in their first years of adulthood- heck even through one's twenties, or part of them - so that they can establish themselves. If their values and lifestyle is supported by their background then certainly grandparents and parents can be such a help and mutual help can be extended back in certain ways.

She should have thought before she had sexual relations with some loser deadbeat dad.
giphy.gif

Back