Opinion What do you think of congress rep Katie porter grilling Jaime dimon?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Porter briefly goes through numbers and said that an entry level job at J.P. Morgan chase comes up about $530 per month short to pay expenses to live for a single mother of a six year old.

“I’d have to think about it” -Jamie Dimon

as if that’s gonna happen

That was pretty savage. I bet he called her up and told her she could have his job one day. I’m sure that really helped.

In all honesty, the single mom needs to move out of the $1600 month 1 bedroom apartment. Find a place for $1000 or less and she's in black.

That is the new standard for entry level positions?

In all honesty, the single mom needs to move out of the $1600 month 1 bedroom apartment. Find a place for $1000 or less and she's in black.

So many of life's problems would be solved if people could think outside of the box and be willing to give up a few things. I mean there are cultures who often live with many families in a single dwelling and they all help each other get established. I have to say that many westerners have fallen into the trap that they're entitled "their own place" and endless personal freedoms. That can all come but most people should learn to live without some luxuries for awhile in favor of a long-term good position.

So many of life's problems would be solved if people could think outside of the box and be willing to give up a few things. I mean there are cultures who often live with many families in a single dwelling and they all help each other get established. I have to say that many westerners have fallen into the trap that they're entitled "their own place" and endless personal freedoms. That can all come but most people should learn to live without some luxuries for awhile in favor of a long-term good position.
Definitely an American thing. And it starts with the "Once you're 18, you're on you're own," thing. Lots of groups in other countries don't demand that their kids move out until they're ready to get married. Still, don't want to paint with too broad a brush, Americans used to move far more often than they do now. So they would be leaving for real opportunities in other areas.

I turn on wwe when I need my scripted acrobatics fix, personally.

Rep: "What is your advice for her?"

CEO: "No matter what 'advice' I give, it will be seen as patronizing. Therefore, I will not have any advice to give this employee you speak of. As CEO, my job to to ensure the financial stability of my company for the next 5, 10, 15 years. I wish this employee well, but I suggest that she speaks to her supervisor and to branch's HR office. The company I work for has 256,000 employees. In fact, my company has more employees than your district has in population."

(hand covers mic) "Can you donate 100K to this representative's challenger?"

America in the good old days before we opened the floodgates was way better.

An American man could with his own low income, as let’s say a gas station attendant or flipping burgers, could afford a house, a car, a wife who didn’t work and afford children. He could afford his tv, his appliances, his telephone. He could afford a vacation.

Pushing women in the workplace lowered wages. As more competition lowers wages. Then the same big businesses still though they should save on labor. So they opened up the borders to ship in desperate people who work for cheap. That lowered wages even more.

This is what destroyed the wage earning American worker. At the behest of business.

America SHOULD be like it was. Where a man could afford his life from his own work.

An American man could with his own low income, as let’s say a gas station attendant or flipping burgers, could afford a house, a car, a wife who didn’t work and afford children. He could afford his tv, his appliances, his telephone. He could afford a vacation.

Pushing women in the workplace lowered wages. As more competition lowers wages. Then the same big businesses still though they should save on labor. So they opened up the borders to ship in desperate people who work for cheap. That lowered wages even more.

This is what destroyed the wage earning American worker. At the behest of business.

America SHOULD be like it was. Where a man could afford his life from his own work.

So what you are really saying is, unchecked capitalism caused this. Big businesses have always been filled with crooks. Now there are just more of them. 1000x more.

I believe it still can happen, people just have to be willing to think outside of the box a bit. That and mostly be willing to postpone gratification.

Maybe don’t be a single mom with no skills valuable to society worth more than 16 bucks an hour?

My thoughts are that is a pretty good salary and healthcare plan for an entry-level job that only requires a high school education.

Porter is getting tons of praise for how she asked these questions to the CEO.

It is tough when someone doesn't make good decisions and has a kid without a man that will help support the kid or didn't have life insurance if the man died. It is tough for a single mother who has a kid before developing skills to get a better than entry level job. It sucks for the kid mostly. The kid isn't to blame.

I think there are a lot people with a high school degree would appreciate that an entry level job with that salary and benefits if they could get it. Doesn't seem like this JP Morgan Chase is doing anything wrong here.

The woman would have to get a bigger place and get some roommates or move in with family until she develops more skills to get a higher paying job and can afford her own place.

Maybe don’t be a single mom with no skills valuable to society worth more than 16 bucks an hour?
Eh you can't blanketly say don't be a single mom .What if husband died? What if husband or man just up and left after promises of helping raise kid. To blanketly say don't be a single mom is demeaning to all single parents mom and dads alike who got fucked over by life (spouse dying early) or fucked over by the spouse

Eh you can't blanketly say don't be a single mom .What if husband died? What if husband or man just up and left after promises of helping raise kid. To blanketly say don't be a single mom is demeaning to all single parents mom and dads alike who got fucked over by life (spouse dying early) or fucked over by the spouse

Sure, life fucks over a lot of people.

The majority however, just made bad life choices and it’s their responsibility to deal with.

Ol bog is the same type of shitbag who would also force women to give birth to babies the men don't want and then cut the welfare meant to help them.

People like that only want to cause pain and suffering, except when it affects them or their loved ones or if it means owning the libz- then they're for every cent of free money they can get their hands on.

Probably don't have kids if you can't command a satisfactory income. lmfao @ the unbridled entitlement to force companies to subsidize your brutal lack of responsibility.

The poor woman has the cheapest Cricket Wireless phone and $100+ cell phone bill. Boo hoo. I don't even have an expensive dataplan (thanks Consumer Cellular!). She should fucking do without unlimited data.

Porter briefly goes through numbers and said that an entry level job at J.P. Morgan chase comes up about $530 per month short to pay expenses to live for a single mother of a six year old.

She should have thought before she had sexual relations with some loser deadbeat dad.

Back