What do you think of Bernie's "Housing for All" program?

Doubletalk.

<TrumpWrong1>

Drug use and addiction are a reality in America. We obviously don’t want people perpetually caught in its grips, so we have a responsibility to offer away out through rehab programs etc.

There is a difference between a responsible stance like that, and things Democrats are currently doing like offering legalized drug injection sites. That is just irresponsible and void of concern for the surrounding citizenry. It makes life easier on junkies and perpetuates the bad behavior.

I wonder how many liberals who approve this nonsense give money to soup kitchens that feed the homeless every day on a regular basis... I find it funny how many people here would approve of such a stupid impossible plan such as this. And that’s exactly what it is impossible and ridiculous.

How about reducing the cost of living for people who work/pay taxes? You used to be able to raise a family on one full-time income in this country.

I certainly don't want to work full-time for my house, while some jobless section 8 puke, with twelve kids from 13 different men, shacking up next door with the latest tattooed tweaker flavor of the month "man", drunkenly bumpin fuckin boom-boom "music" all hours of the night, while I'm resting up for more work.

Fuck. That. Shit.

You can make any plan sound like a good idea, until you’re asked how you’re gonna pay for that. There are lots of costs that go beyong the initial costs. Also these large scale projects always end up costing a lot more than anticipated.

<TrumpWrong1>

Drug use and addiction are a reality in America. We obviously don’t want people perpetually caught in its grips, so we have a responsibility to offer away out through rehab programs etc.

There is a difference between a responsible stance like that, and things Democrats are currently doing like offering legalized drug injection sites. That is just irresponsible and void of concern for the surrounding citizenry. It makes life easier on junkies and perpetuates the bad behavior.

So as long as a drug addicted homeless person is willing to go to rehab (regardless of the number of return trips) you think they deserve housing as much as a paraplegic or a person with Downs?

Destroy the middle class and make us all dependent. Thats the plan here.

<TrumpWrong1>

I agree somewhat but they should not be a priority. The reality is that treatment programs are practically on every street corner. Assistance is there. I don't see what throwing more money at the issue is going to do when its done literally nothing so far. Lets worry more about people who contribute to society and the tax base.

How about reducing the cost of living for people who work/pay taxes? You used to be able to raise a family on one full-time income in this country.

I certainly don't want to work full-time for my house, while some jobless section 8 puke, with twelve kids from 13 different men, shacking up next door with the latest tattooed tweaker flavor of the month "man", drunkenly bumpin fuckin boom-boom "music" all hours of the night, while I'm resting up for more work.

Fuck. That. Shit.

giphy.gif

Bernie's policies = Throw money at it, free stuff for everyone. You can't just house the homeless, a lot of them need rehab and mental health evaluations. They also need to want to change. The sad truth is many don't want to and why would they if they keep getting free stuff. I'm all for helping the ones that are not junkies and are making an effort to get ahead in life. The rest can fuck right off.

I wonder how many liberals who approve this nonsense give money to soup kitchens that feed the homeless every day on a regular basis... I find it funny how many people here would approve of such a stupid impossible plan such as this. And that’s exactly what it is impossible and ridiculous.

"Impossible and ridiculous." - trac209's great grandfather on FDR's New Deal

<Lmaoo>

I'm all for helping the ones that are not junkies and are making an effort to get ahead in life. The rest can fuck right off.

I hate junkies almost as much as people with cancer. Make an effort, losers. :mad:

America should have never closed down most of its Psychiatric Hospitals. I’ll gladly open up my wallet and give more for mental health treatment. Because of the rise of psychotropic drugs most Drs thought people with mental illnesses could live normal lives...but here we are. That’s where most of these people need to be
We can thank the ACLU, too...

Would love for this to happen purely to see how much it would run over budget

One of the way housing helps is with infections. A LOT of chronic homeless have wounds of some sort and they get super dirty outside. Plus they don't get consistent healthcare and if they move around some their case worker can loose track of them. In other words, it is a lot easier to help them if they are in a house. Much of the savings for society are in reduced emergency room usage/health care costs. Plus the streets are cleaner and more pleasant. It's also more humane.

I think Salt Lake City has done a lot of housing first type projects. Not all homeless are good candidates for a house but many of the real problem, chronic ones are.
#dirtywoundsawareness.... Get that shit going on twitter. I'm sure you're already thinking and praying..

One of the biggest contributing factors to homelessness is medical debt. Also the working poor.

So you sound like an idiot when you lump everybody into that "druggie group"

We should get you a brain allowance so you don't say stupid shit like that.

I dont believe that for a second. And if you are just some hard working sober individual that finds yourself homeless then you should go to a shelter. Get a job....any job.....and save enough money up for a bus ticket to a more affordable locale. Even at minimum wage you can save a grand in a month while u live and eat in a shelter....or your car. ..or someone's couch. Fact of the matter is if you are able bodied and sober you don't need to be permanently Waterhoused.

Then u rent a room and work your ass off until you have the money to declare bankruptcy if indeed you are in medical debt.

There are 60k homeless people in nyc...i have crossed paths with thousands of them and not a one is sober or coherent.

Back