What do you think of Bernie's "Housing for All" program?

I guess you would rather people live on the streets.

Homelessness can ruin neighborhoods too. Or maybe you aren't old enough to realize that.
I don't know if it's technically "section 8" but there are plenty of what are called "income restricted" housing where I live... and for like a single person to rent one of their studios quite often you have to make less than $35k a year... but rent is like $1100 a month.

I don't get how the numbers there, well, work.

You just unwittingly give your money to endless wars.

Ok? I’m the first one to say we should leave the ME to their own 1000 year vendettas and cut our loses....that’s not how the real world works though is it? It doesn’t matter who is elected president that’s just the way it is. Now back to the topic at hand. The majority of these people should be in mental hospitals not in some section 8 getting drugged up

Get job, make money and buy your own fucking house. It’s pretty much life goal 101. If you failed at it how is this my problem?
The plan is by a person running for president not a douchebag who says stupid shit on the internet.

The plan is by a person running for president not a douchebag who says stupid shit on the internet.
Care to answer the question? What did I say that was stupid except if you are stupid..

I don't know if it's technically "section 8" but there are plenty of what are called "income restricted" housing where I live... and for like a single person to rent one of their studios quite often you have to make less than $35k a year... but rent is like $1100 a month.

I don't get how the numbers there, well, work.
30 billion would end homelessness right now. Or we can increase the military budget to 1.2 trillion.

Why don't American junkies deserve help?

There's government programs already in place to help drug addicts.

They have to choose to help themselves first. You can't make them change no matter how much money is dumped into these programs. They'll take anything you give them and just go right back to their bad decisions. It's a never ending cycle.

Ask a parent who's constantly bailing out and "helping" a drug addicted kid how that's working...

Hi, why did you duck the question?

You were quick to throw around insults, you thought my post was stupid. When presented with the logic behind it, you disappear?

Don’t be a duck, be a Goose.

Hell yeah, "decarbonize" bitches! Learned a new word today. Verb?

30 billion would end homelessness right now. Or we can increase the military budget to 1.2 trillion.
What we have here people is a person who hates the military and wants to help the useless druggies by giving them a house in your neighborhood....

What good is giving people a home if they can't stay clean and have mental issues though?

That's the biggest problem I have with the, in plain English "let's build homes and just put people in them" barebones-ness of this plan. Isn't a goal of taking people off the streets to help turn them into functioning members of society?

How is taking the dude that is hooked on heroin, meth, and God knows what else and putting him in a house going to help him stop, well, abusing? Good, now you have a junkie destroying a government funded house by ripping out all the copper plumbing to go get his fix.

Some will attempt to get clean I won't argue that. But just throwing these homeless people in a house isn't some cure all.

They have to choose to help themselves first. You can't make them change no matter how much money is dumped into these programs. They'll take anything you give them and just go right back to their bad decisions. It's a never ending cycle.

Ask a parent who's constantly bailing out and "helping" a drug addicted kid how that's working...

Doesn't seem like we're doing enough given the scale of the problem though, yeah?

They do, and this isn't it. This is a $2.5 trillion money hole. You can even still take my money, but spend it on counseling and mental illness help and not just buying houses for the drug addicted and mentally ill.

I agree just giving them a house isn't a solution. You also have to provide programs that will get them working and off drugs. In order to get them off drugs though we have to start by decriminalizing everything. Other countries have already shown what works best for drug addicts the only question is are we willing to do it?

Some statistics I've say suggest that as much as 85% of prison inmates in the US are their due to some sort of substance abuse issue. We already have a huge program for substance abusers, it's called prison.

It turns out that good treatment programs could actually be cheaper.

What good is giving people a home if they can't stay clean and have mental issues though?

That's the biggest problem I have with the, in plain English "let's build homes and just put people in them" barebones-ness of this plan. Isn't a goal of taking people off the streets to help turn them into functioning members of society?

How is taking the dude that is hooked on heroin, meth, and God knows what else and putting him in a house going to help him stop, well, abusing? Good, now you have a junkie destroying a government funded house by ripping out all the copper plumbing to go get his fix.

Some will attempt to get clean I won't argue that. But just throwing these homeless people in a house isn't some cure all.

One of the biggest contributing factors to homelessness is medical debt.

10 million people lost their homes in the crash.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

First you need to understand that homeless drug addicts are the goal before you can go fixing the homeless drug addicts.

One of the biggest contributing factors to homelessness is medical debt.

10 million people lost their homes in the crash.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?
Do you have stats for this claim of yours saying medical debt is a large contributing factor to homelessness?

You keep saying it like it's some general thing everyone is supposed to know but you're literally the only person I've ever seen say that.

I also don't get how this response of yours is supposed to respond to anything I said at all in my post.

If for no other reason everyone should support housing for all because it is cheaper than the current system of using the police, prison, and court systems to handle homelessness.

Back