What do you think of Bernie's "Housing for All" program?

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't think this guy knows how a single section 8 house can ruin an entire neighborhood. I've had several section 8 nightmares in different neighborhoods and I'm not even that old yet

BR0Dc8B.jpg

How do you "combat" segregation when you are also fighting gentrification?

I guess you would rather people live on the streets.

Homelessness can ruin neighborhoods too. Or maybe you aren't old enough to realize that.

So no plan.

People living on the streets.

When are you running for president?

People on the street are drug addicts and mentally ill. They'll still be on the streets begging for drug money and yelling nonsense even if they have a flop house. Should we give them a drug allowance too? How bout we build giant state of the art hospitals and hire drs to administer heroin to them around the clock?

I guess you would rather people live on the streets.

Homelessness can ruin neighborhoods too. Or maybe you aren't old enough to realize that.

Would you rather have them as neighbors shitting on your front yard, occassionally breaking into your house to steal things so they can buy more heroine? Because that's what a section 8 neighbor did to me. Minus the shitting on the front yard part.

In 2013, at my old home, a section 8 neighbor who memorized my work hours broke in to my back sliding door and stole watches, TV, my laptop and iPad among other things. Only got caught because police raided the home for suspected drug deals and found one of the items I listed as stolen

People on the street are drug addicts and mentally ill. They'll still be on the streets begging for drug money and yelling nonsense even if they have a flop house. Should we give them a drug allowance too? How bout we build giant state of the art hospitals and hire drs to administer heroin to them around the clock?
One of the biggest contributing factors to homelessness is medical debt. Also the working poor.

So you sound like an idiot when you lump everybody into that "druggie group"

We should get you a brain allowance so you don't say stupid shit like that.

Do you want to solve the problem or not?

Finally we get a candidate who's willing to take more of my money to buy shit for junkies.

I don't really know the Fair Housing Act but proposals like this really turn on the details of implementation. I don't know how national rent control would be implemented or how you micromanage all of the various eviction courts and their rules from D.C. I've got different rules county to county, I can't imagine what you'd have to give the states and the municipalities to get them to participate.

Would you rather have them as neighbors shitting on your front yard, occassionally breaking into your house to steal things so they can buy more heroine? Because that's what a section 8 neighbor did to me. Minus the shitting on the front yard part.

In 2013, at my old home, a section 8 neighbor who memorized my work hours broke in to my back sliding door and stole watches, TV, my laptop and iPad among other things. Only got caught because police raided the home for suspected drug deals and found one of the items I listed as stolen
From 2002-2019, we spent almost 2 trillion dollars in middle east wars. 5 million Americans lost their homes in the housing crisis. But we can't afford to house Americans in the richest country to every exist.

But your anecdotal evidence has convinced me. Housing people = bad. Homeless people = good.

Do you want to solve the problem or not?
No. We want to call every homeless person a junkie to make ourselves feel superior even though 99% of us are a few paychecks away from being homeless ourselves.

Like everything else he proposes, it ignores all negative consequences, it feels good.

He does this because he knows and takes advantage of the fact that progressives are emotionally driven people.

Like everything else he proposes, it ignores all negative consequences, it feels good.

He does this because he knows and takes advantage of the fact that progressives are emotionally driven people.
Thanks for telling us why it won't work, booger.

What's your master plan to save us all?

People still believe in these empty promises?

Thanks for telling us why it won't work, booger.

What's your master plan to save us all?

Free showers for all homeless people and gas subsidies for the working poor.

Back