What do you think is the most efficient game?

Badabing1234

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Now i feel like today, everyone has a similar game. Everyone is playing that DLR/ RDLR game. I have been playing that for a couple of years now and i definitely think its very effective. By keeping the distance i don't get smashed often... my face is not uglier than it was before. But i feel like this type of game - you need to be in shape and drill a lot to be effective.

I personally find myself going back to my old game when i was a white/blue when im in trouble - smash pash/ lucas leite half. I think this is really the only sweep/game i can get on guys that are better than me.

I also like playing with RDLR with some kind of lapel grip. Slows the game and is surprisingly effective!

So what do you guys think is the most effective game? If you have a different approach, even better - please share.

The most efficient game seems to be the sort of game Caio Terra plays, have a bazillions tricky attacks from all positions.

just go full out and destroy them
OR
if u know they are better than u, go cautiously and just use the basics

i no i am just a white belt but i have tapped out blue belts using this technique

You guys are talking about guards, but I think the most efficient game is a heavy pressure based top game. You keep the guy on bottom working harder than you at all times. You keep him on the defensive with pressure passing. And you have gravity on your side.

I feel like the most efficient game is the one that translates to MMA the best

The most efficient guard is what ever works for you.
I re discovering the spider guard and I am having great fun.

I feel like the most efficient game is the one that translates to MMA the best

:D

20141213091944_1DX_2706.jpg

Whatever Werdum is doing... I can't really think of a pure sport grappler leaving Bjj to become the UFC champ.

Edit: Bj Penn.

Whatever Werdum is doing... I can't really think of a pure sport grappler leaving Bjj to become the UFC champ.

Edit: Bj Penn.

Not champs, but Demian Maia got a title shot, and Jacare is a force to reckon with at 185. And well, Palhares. With about 70 IQ points more he would have wrecked the welterweight division.

I'm glad Braulio gave up on MMA, his only fight was awful for a grappler this good.

Not to sound like a hippie, but the best game is the one that suits you best.

There's a reason why all the best guys tend to have relatively unique approaches. I believe Faria trains and teaches at Marcelo's and they have different passing styles. Gotta do what works best for you. Learn it all. Keep what you're killer at.

There are two efficient games:

Takedown > pass guard>> mount > submit

That's the "old school" way of doing things still effective and simple if you let it be.

The newer school game

Pull guard > sweep > back take > submit.

Both work fine, have a plan A and B to accomplish each phase no matter the game and you will be fine.

There are two efficient games:

Takedown > pass guard>> mount > submit

That's the "old school" way of doing things still effective and simple if you let it be.

The newer school game

Pull guard > sweep > back take > submit.

Both work fine, have a plan A and B to accomplish each phase no matter the game and you will be fine.

No, those 2 are both old school methods.

New school method now a days is double guard pull and scissor bang, go upside down and invert all the time, go for berimbolo no matter what, score points, or heck... even advantages... and just settle for that. Not going for subs at all.

Personally I can get the most efficiency (if by efficiency we mean maximum results returned by minimal energy expenditure) by playing a tight closed guard.

If I can break posture early, and keep it there with a highish guard and/or head control then I feel i can work for subs forever without using much energy. I think it took a lot of core conditioning to get there, and I'm blessed with hip flexibility far above average but there is where I'm most comfortable and can get the most subs by far.

The most efficient game is the one you do the best.

There might be games that suit your body best, have strategical advantages, or are harder to stop, but if they arent the ones that you already do best, they arent the most efficient.

The most efficient game belongs to Roger Gracie. It's like the Michael Jordan fadeaway jumper, you know it's coming, but there is nothing to do to stop it once MJ is in position. Roger doesn't have any wasted motion, there is no extra energy output, and you never see him get tangled up in today's sport-specific BJJ guards that dominate the competition circuit.

Most efficient?

Takedown straight to a submission.

Tai otoshi to armbar.
Ankle pick to footlock.
Seoi nage to armbar.
Flying scissors to heel hook.
Victor roll to kneebar/toehold.
Osoto gari to arm triangle
Go-behind /duckunder / slideby to RNC

etc.

Can't beat that in terms of strict efficiency.

Back