What do you think is Shawn Michaels Best Wrestlemania Match?

What is Shawn's Best WM Match in your opinion

• Rockers vs Sato & Tanaka

• vs Tito Santana

• Rockers vs Haku & Barbarian

• vs Tatanka

• vs Razor Ramon

• vs Diesel

• vs Bret Hart

• vs Steve Austin

• vs Chris Jericho

• vs Benoit vs HHH

• vs Kurt Angle

• vs John Cena

• vs Vince McMahon

• vs Ric Flair

• vs Undertaker @ 25

• vs Undertaker @ 26

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hart Break Kick 97

Pitbull Owner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many say it's vs Undertaker @ Wrestlemania 25. I strongly disagree. I think that match is overrated in terms of how others rate it. To me that match was an 8/10.

I rate vs Razor, Bret, Flair and Angle higher than the Undertaker match. I still need to rewatch the Jericho match but even that was just as good as the Undertaker match imo

So what's Shawn's best Wrestlemania match? I have it as:

1. Razor
2. Bret
3. Angle
4. Flair
5. Undertaker 25

Casuals are going to choose the Flair retirement match. Hipsters will claim it was the ladder match against Hall at Mania 10. But HBK's signature match, IMO, is Iron Man Match vs Bret.

And I too, am a (s)mark.

Hipsters will claim it was the ladder match against Hall

vjro47W.gif

Not at all. It's 62 mins of pure wrestling at its best. There were 0 mistakes in this match. It has its moments of being slow at some points but imo it's the best main event in wrestlemania history.

It also has the best Sweet chin music and pinfall I've ever seen.

Even Earl Hebner delivered (the timing of that 3 count was platinum).

I voted the triple threat at 20. It was between that or the jericho or angle matches.

Haters and crybabies can cry and hate, but the match at WrestleMania 25 is best followed by Razor and Angle.

I'm glad we're not picking the Undertaker match. Boring like a Triple H match.
Hhh vs undertaker at Mania 27 is so fucking boring. Cracks me up that they had to add in ass load of smoke and mirrors the next year to make it worthwhile (it worked, I enjoyed it).

Anyways, I'm going with the iron man match. Every guy played the part perfectly. The aftermath was incredible: Shawn celebrating like a dick, vince's commentary and bret walking off like lebron.

It's crazy that his last 12 mania matches were all really good.

Haters and crybabies can cry and hate, but the match at WrestleMania 25 is best followed by Razor and Angle.

It's not. I just watched it again last night, it has its good moments, the 2 bumps outside the ring, the 2 tombstones from skinning the cat/moonsault but other then that it was very slow. I would rank their 2 matches in 97 and their 98 casket match ahead of both WM matches.

I love Kurt Angle. He's fantastic. One of the best ever. Now, that said. He relies too much on multiple finish/near fall matches. In fact he perfected it so much that it became the definition of a great match for nearly 20 years. Back in the day when you hit a finisher the match was over unless you were wrestling Hogan.

It also has the best Sweet chin music and pinfall I've ever seen.

Even Earl Hebner delivered (the timing of that 3 count was platinum).
It’s always the little details in wrestling. The way he has to brace on the mat after the kick like it was the last ounce of strength he had and then falling into the pin exhausted tells the story so well. Not to mention it looks like he damn near kicks Bret’s head off.
cad55d37ee6a410b06c153aeb3eb2d5ea4648e9b_hq.gif

It’s always the little details in wrestling. The way he has to brace on the mat after the kick like it was the last ounce of strength he had and then falling into the pin exhausted tells the story so well. Not to mention it looks like he damn near kicks Bret’s head off.
TJUseuT.gif

Fuck Gorilla Monsoon (RIP) for restarting that match.

Last edited:
Absolutely this. I loved the commentary team making a big deal about who gets up first from the first super kick and the guys using the ropes to get back up it was brilliant

Back